GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I worked for a company headquartered there back in the 80s and live there for about 6 months. What do you want to know?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
We will be there on the 7th of July by noonish. 5 bikes 6 people looking for a place to stay the night and see some stuff but unfortunately will be out the next day. We will be on the way to Gaspe Pen. for next 6 days. If your going to be there the 7th Say Hi. Im keeping my eye on this thread for ideas too
Thanks
SB

·
Curious Member
877 Posts
Last time I was there I stayed in Lévis across the river and took the passenger ferry which gets you right into the old city. It's a beautiful place to wander around.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Things to do in Quebec City - one day

You will be in the middle of the "Festival d'ete de Quebec" which will be going on during the time you are planning to visit. (Music festival) As mentioned by another member, you might want to stay in Levis (directly across the St-Lawrence River). Since you are going to Gaspe, you will already be at the right side of the river. You just take the ferry across and walk through the old Quebec city (close to the river) and go up near the Chateau Frontenac and also "Les Plaines d'Abraham" close to the Quebec Parlement.

Here is a list of things to do:

Ferry Quebec - Levis (best way to see the city-full view)
Vieux Quebec - Rue Petit Champlain (Old Quebec) lot's of shops and museums.
Terasse Dufferin - On the hill close to the Chateau Frontenac (walk along the cliff between the Chateau Frontenac and les Plaines D'Abraham)
Chateau Frontenac - Nice Hotel
Rue Du Tresor - Where the artist "painters" are located - Near Chateau
Rue St-Jean - Lots of bars and restaurants
Grande-Allee - Bars, Restaurant with terrasses close to Plaines D'Abraham.
Chute Montmorency - Highest fall in Canada (20 minutes East of Quebec City in front of l'Ile d'Orleans)
Basilique St-Anne de Beaupre (Few miles East of the Chute Montmorency)
Festival D'ete de Quebec - Music Festival between July 3rd and July 13th

Anyway, I was born in Quebec City and it is a beautiful town. You will enjoy the people and the food. A little touch of Europe in North America...

Enjoy your trip.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quebec City
We will be there on the 7th of July by noonish. 5 bikes 6 people looking for a place to stay the night and see some stuff but unfortunately will be out the next day. We will be on the way to Gaspe Pen. for next 6 days. If your going to be there the 7th Say Hi. Im keeping my eye on this thread for ideas too
Thanks
SB
Thanks for the invite but we will be there last week of July.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Things to See

You will be in the middle of the "Festival d'ete de Quebec" which will be going on during the time you are planning to visit. (Music festival) As mentioned by another member, you might want to stay in Levis (directly across the St-Lawrence River). Since you are going to Gaspe, you will already be at the right side of the river. You just take the ferry across and walk through the old Quebec city (close to the river) and go up near the Chateau Frontenac and also "Les Plaines d'Abraham" close to the Quebec Parlement.

Terasse Dufferin - On the hill close to the Chateau Frontenac (walk along the cliff between the Chateau Frontenac and les Plaines D'Abraham)
Chute Montmorency - Highest fall in Canada (20 minutes East of Quebec City in front of l'Ile d'Orleans)

Anyway, I was born in Quebec City and it is a beautiful town. You will enjoy the people and the food. A little touch of Europe in North America...

Enjoy your trip.
Thanks for all your suggestions.. Will try them all

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

Enjoy your trip.
This is great info. Sorry, didn't want to hijack your thread and this info will help any one looking to enjoy Old Quebec.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Just don't try riding the Wing in the old part of the city.The roads are like cobblestone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts