GL1800Riders Forums banner

Ques.. Riding to Montgomery, AL (Maxwell AFB) from Cali..

870 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  SCPO 
#1 ·
Good Day to All,
I am going to be riding my GWing to Maxwell AFB for training from Nov 1 to 15 DEC. I understand that it will be cold (I have warm tourmaster gear) but is there any chance of me riding in snow weather small chance or not :eek:4:. I plan to take I10 to I65 into Montgomery, AL. I am being told that thier is no chance in h#ll of hitting snow during that time of year. Any insight would be much appreciated.

#5 ·
I've worked in Montgomery Al for the last 20 years and I haven't seen snow here in November (none on record either) and I don't recall any ever in the first 2 weeks of December.

Usually November is around 68-70 degrees and beautiful weather. Should be nice for you.

#6 ·
I was stationed at Maxwell for 3 and a half years and I have been living here in Biloxi Ms. for the past 22 years. My son has been living in Montgomery for the past 10 years and we have never had any snow/ice in November and/or early December in all that time. Like was already mentioned November December is excellnet riding weather down here. And I seriously doubt you would run into bad weather (snow) coming across I10. Now, if you were on I 20 that would be a different story. Maxwell is also a pretty motorcycle friendly base. I ride up there all the time and they don't have the restrictions that ATC bases like Keesler has. But I will tell you, watch your speed on Maxwell. They are pretty strict about that. Maxwell is a beautiful base with pretty nice quarters. I really like the VOQ by the O'club. i use it three or four times a year just as a getaway. Hope you have a good trip and maybe we'll see you on the road !! If you see a black Victory Cross Country down here it's probably me !!

#7 ·
Thanks to All for your inputs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.