GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where there's a dealer who has a still-new Honda Rune. My daughter is looking for one.

Thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
They may be very hard to find in dealerships now. Try Ebay, alot of dealers were putting them on there. From what I heard tho, the remaining Runes left dealers floors heading overseas. Also, go over to the Runeriders.com board (Hal also hosts this one) and ask there.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I think they are all sold; however, ebay has a few with very low miles still under warranty for a very good price. I hope your daughter understands a Rune is not a Wing and is more difficult to handle. Several Runes have been totaled due to inexperienced owners and unlike the Wing putting one on its side is very expensive not to mention the wear and tear on the rider.

·
Registered
164 Posts
There's a used one for sale in the 3 day old section of the classifieds. 2004 with about 800 miles on it. (haven't figured out how to link you to the post - sorry)

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they are all sold; however, ebay has a few with very low miles still under warranty for a very good price. I hope your daughter understands a Rune is not a Wing and is more difficult to handle. Several Runes have been totaled due to inexperienced owners and unlike the Wing putting one on its side is very expensive not to mention the wear and tear on the rider.
Thank you for the caution, 3putt. She is aware of the Rune's handing issues.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
bentonville arkansas honda

they have a burgandy one with chrome wheels, on the floor

if you work a deal and fly in, i could pick you up

the airport is 10 miles from my house, XNA

and the dealer about 3 miles away from the house

·
Registered
326 Posts
Al Lamb Honda in Dallas has four or five on the showroom floor, brand new.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Al Lamb Honda in Dallas has four or five on the showroom floor, brand new.
With 4-5 sitting on the showroom floor I would think they would be really eager to unload (err sell) one. But then again the reason they have that many may be because they won't discount. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I saw dealers selling them for 16k after all incentives and rebates...

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Honda of Jacksonville had a Blue 2004 sitting on the showroom floor several weeks ago when I was there...BRAND NEW! I think they had a price of $15,999 on the bike. Not sure f it is still there.

Call and ask for Jeremy. He can let you know if it's still there. 904.721.2453

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Does anybody know where there's a dealer who has a still-new Honda Rune. My daughter is looking for one.

Thanks.
One on the floor at Honda World but in Oregon - 541 888 5439 ask for Rick

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, all, for your replies. Sometime I will post a pic of daughter's basement room, which seems to collect interesting motorcycles as well as dust (since there's not enough room to get in there with a sweeper). It's an odd family decorating thing. Everybody seems to have a bunch of motorcycles in their garage and basement except for me, who only needs a Wing. ;)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Not sure about "Rune having a handling problem". My Rune handles better than my wing. It has a different feel when you leave a standing start and go around a corner, but after you ride it a couple of miles it's not a big deal. And at hywy speeds it is a dream to ride.
Greg
Go to "Craigs List" search in the DENVER area for a Honda Rune. I have mine for sale. asking $23k, but I would take alot less.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I"m not a cruiser guy at all, but somehow I think the Rune is seriously cool. If it weren't for the economics right now, and the fact that I'd really rather have a Ducati 1198 for a third bike I'd love to buy a Rune just for giggles and grins. Trust me when I tell you this is not like me. I normally lust for things based on their function - not how "cool" they are.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts