GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering since I am 5'7 with a 30" inseam if I use floorboards will I have to stand wider when putting my feet on the ground? I can stand flat footed now but am worried that I won't be able to if I use floorboards.

thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
I do this................

I'm 5'6" with 30" inseam and I can't flat foot with the boards up! With my Kuryakyn boards down I either have my feet either just behind the center or pending on surface I can sit with them towards the back (not flat footed of course either way).
With the stock seat after I stop I usually shift to one side and have one foot flat with suspension on 5 or 6.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Yes foot boards on any bike make it harder for a a shorter person to handle the bike. If you can barely reach the road, don't use them. They do have a lowering kit, never seen one installed though. Also get your seat cut down, don't have to buy a new one, especially the part that hits under your legs, when you stand up. I think they are called the wings. Good luck. The 0 to 25 on the suspension won't make any difference

·
Registered
386 Posts
I am wondering since I am 5'7 with a 30" inseam if I use floorboards will I have to stand wider when putting my feet on the ground? I can stand flat footed now but am worried that I won't be able to if I use floorboards.

thanks
I have a 29" inseam, definately do make you have a wider stance when putting the feet down. I flip the floorboards up as I come to a stop. It's become habit and I do it without thinking about it.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
floor boards

If you think you really want them.. Mount them forward to the crash bar and just leave the stock pegs on..That way you can still get feet down in a hurry if need be..

·
Registered
247 Posts
im 6 foot 2 but i have a 30 inch inseam. i have no trouble reaching the ground . why do all you shorter guys with same length legs seem to be unable to find the ground

·
Registered
95 Posts
Cause

0 to 25 does not matter

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
0 to 25 does not matter
Please explain, because on my bike, raising the number raises the rear end (and therefore the overall height) of the bike.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I have a 29" inseam and rear suspension set on 25 and can usuly flat foot ground on both sides.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts