GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a SunPass from a store. I know from seeing them around town that they go on the windshield. I was wondering if anyone has used one on their wing and found a better place to put it that it will still pick up. I just dont want to mount this thing on the windshield. I know we used to have the "EPass" and they would mount them under the front end of a car and they would pick up fine. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've seen them work with the driver simply holding it in his/her hand when they drive thru the toll area.

·
Registered
999 Posts
EZ-Tag Mounting

I put my EZ-TAG on the underside of the right fairing pocket. Just used the sticky tape to stick it to the lid. Works great, it's locked up and doesn't get in the way.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jimwinger

Thank you for the info. I will give that area a shot in the morning. The toll road isnt too far from me so I will give it a test run tomorrow.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Candyorange - let us know how you make out with your test run. I've been thinking about getting one but didn't know if it would work on a cycle--Sue

·
Registered
615 Posts
Sue we have EZpass up here and it works fine on my bike. I just stick it cloes to the wind shield and ride thru. I will be using a Sun Pass when I am down there too. Joy

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
so what is sunpass? some sort of prepaid pass for toll roads that can be bought at stores?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I keep mine locked in the right pocket when not in use. I take it out and wedge it in between the wind shield and the top shield when riding on toll roads. A little gasket foam on the top and bottom prevents scratches. I tried it in the pocket all the time, but it does not always pick up. O town Tom has a neat little plastic pocket mounted to his windshield that seems like a perfect solution. I don't like leaving it out when I am parked. It could walk away.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cycledude

You are correct. It is a pre-paid pass. Here in Florida they were called an E-Pass but I guess most states have the pre-paid lanes as SunPass lanes. You can go to the local toll people and get one or you can go to the store and buy one. I just bought it. You go online and register and add money to it and you are set. It keeps you from having to stop and pay, you just go through the SunPass lanes. They are very handy and work great. They are usually for cars but you can mount it on a motorcycle. I just didnt like the idea of it being on the windshield.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts