GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used bike with two Chatterbox headsets and no helmets. Bought new 3/4 helmets. Can anyone tell me how the ear pieces are secured? I noticed some old glue residue. Are they glued into place with a special adhesive? Are they installed with velcro? Are they supposed to be removeable? The rest of the install seems pretty self explanitory. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Welcome aboard.

It's been awhile since I've had Chatterbox, but I think the residue you're seeing is from velcro. The problem with velcro is it comes off. I've had some success using a drop of super glue on the velcro adhesive.

Hope this helps.

John

·
Registered
168 Posts
Radio Shack has a great velcro looking product that is plastic strips. The adhesive on this stuff is very good. I used it all throughout my bike.

·
Registered
21,092 Posts
i have chatterbox headset in my Arai helmet

they came with velcro but i didn't use it, just slipped the cover off the Arai earpiece, slipped the chatterbox in and put the cover back on, it works fine for me

my chatterbox headset has over 200,000 miles trouble free

·
Registered
917 Posts
I tossed the chatterbox speakers and replaced them with a set I removed from a decent set of headphones. Much better sound. Did this with 2 sets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts