GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The morning rides in Iowa are a little chilly on the way to work, so I have had the opportunity to try out the heated grips. I have noticed that when I take my hand off the left grip to change the setting for the heated grips that it cools down really fast. Has any one else noticed that? I have thought about putting "grip puppies" on. Has anyone tried these? Do the grips still heat up okay, and would they help insulate the grip and hold in the heat?

Thanks,
John
2006 Premium/Comfort/Navi/ABS
Gold

(My wife has a new 650 Burgmann. What a sweet little ride!!!)

P

·
0 Posts
Yep, mine do that too. Haven't tried the puppies because I have Kury's and like them alot as is. Mine only take a few moments to reheat my hands once I put them back, so for me it's not a problem.

Pat

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
My EC heated grips with Kury Iso grips seem to stay warm and not cool much when you remove your hand.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Do you have the Honda grips? I have the Honda heated grips and if I recall if I take my hand off the left grip the temp might drop a little but as soon as I put my hand back on it, it's warm again quickly. I don't remember it being a real problem at all last winter. Mine literally get HOT when the thermostat is turned all the way up. Brian

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
I have the EC heated grips also.. i do find if you take your hand off the grip it does cool off somewhat.. but they do make a chilly ride comfy..
last winter i rode with just cutoff style gloves and my hands were never cold....

cosmic

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
The left grip is mounted directly to your alum. bar,so it sinks the heat out quicker than the right side, which is mounted on the plastic throttle sleve.
**** :)

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
**** said:
The left grip is mounted directly to your alum. bar,so it sinks the heat out quicker than the right side, which is mounted on the plastic throttle sleve.
**** :)
WOW! :eek: It's like listening to Mr. Wizard... :wink: :) :D 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts