GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed or had them installed on your scooter??
Where on your bike did you install them?
I was also wondering if the wiring kit has enough cable to reach the rear under the saddle bags,
and up under the trunk as well as under the fairing.
Do they work as advertized ??
Looking forward to your responses....have a safe ride !

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Ive got the small set for the 1800. I have 2 in the nose intake and 1 on each side in the fairing intakes on each side. I also added 1 on each side at the top of the radiator intakes. If you get the set for the 1800 you'll have enough wiring for the kit. If you want to add on more lights youll have to buy the extra wiring from Kuryakyn. If you buy just a stock set of lizard lights you'll find it doesnt have the length of wiring needed for an 1800.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ****, How did you run the wiring into the vent area? are the lights you mounted in the vents visible at distance?
PS Nice trike. Would love to see it lit up :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I ran the wiring from inside the fairing between where the vent and the tube go together. I have the chrome trim pieces that fit in the intakes of the vent and the lizard lights shine nicely reflecting off of the chrome. I can take a pic this weekend for you if you want.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
**** - a pic would be great :thumbup::thumbup:. Did you mount the lights to the tube wall?
Kurt - I appreciate your kind offer. I will contact you when I get closer to pulling the trigger on this project.
I have some LED's now. However being a driver I have an infinity for "Chicken Lights" as some driver's like to refer to them. Consequently I have the lower trunk spoiler enroute to the house and I'm going to use it to hide LED'S on the under side of the trunk and was wanting to mount some in various locations on her nose as well.
THANK YOU guys.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Heres a pic of them mounted in the intake.
Heres the nose.
Heres the top of the radiator duct.
I ran the wires along the frame. You can hook up the lizards directly to the battery so you can use them for cruise nights. I would pull my sidecover off but I have a fusebox under there for all of my lights and Gerbings.
And here she is with all of her lizard lights on.
And the rest of them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
bike-13.jpg here is a older pic of my leds mounted orange and green in several locations including run lights above the headlights will get some newer pics if you would like in all im running 1100 leds

1 - 8 of 8 Posts