GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching an old episode just to see what was what and WOW did they all age..... Very noticable... but I Digress.... They said there "Cadillac" Bike had a 160 HP engine in it....... Wouldn't that "Smoke" a goldwing in a straight line?? I never knew their motors were so robust.....

Matt(BCNV) :thumbup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
A 160 horse V-Twin is not that unheard of.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
It's possible that a V-twin could make that much hp. Would you want to live with one of those? I doubt you could flog it hard for 100 miles without it grenading.

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
That show & ones like it have pretty well ruined Discovery channel for me. They take a precept that could be most informative and toss it out the window in favor of Jerry Springer style freak show behavior.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Enough is enough, that show is on the discovery channel I think, when I see it I just keep going.

No interest, and I think most feel that way now.

It become so ridiculous and such and shining example as how to act and treat family members that it insulted intelligence to view it.

Their day came and went.

·
Banned
2,340 Posts
That show & ones like it have pretty well ruined Discovery channel for me. They take a precept that could be most informative and toss it out the window in favor of Jerry Springer style freak show behavior.
Just down to the History/Military Channels now. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I have to agree with Fred on this one, p.s. I'm not telling what a sweetheart my WIFE thinks Fred is. old, ornery Charley

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,684 Posts

What? No Food Channel?

Freddy, I'm shocked....shocked I tell you!

Gastronimize safely.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I was watching an old episode just to see what was what and WOW did they all age..... Very noticable... but I Digress.... They said there "Cadillac" Bike had a 160 HP engine in it....... Wouldn't that "Smoke" a goldwing in a straight line?? I never knew their motors were so robust.....

Matt(BCNV) :thumbup:
http://www.sscycle.com/product/X-Wedge-Series/Engines-c47/

I know he said they used an X-Wedge engine in it. I know that to be a powerful
engine, but I think rear wheel HP is way below that. Senoir also stated the
Nitrus added another 50 HP. ? I just ain't believing all this power quoted. :shrug:

Herb

·
15 year Member
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
http://www.sscycle.com/product/X-Wedge-Series/Engines-c47/

I know he said they used an X-Wedge engine in it. I know that to be a powerful
engine, but I think rear wheel HP is way below that. Senoir also stated the
Nitrus added another 50 HP. ? I just ain't believing all this power quoted. :shrug:

Herb
Thanks, That's what I thought.....BUT, I will think twice next time I "Challenge" one of those choppers on the road....

Matt(BCNV) :doorag:

·
15 year Member
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I raced a 300 cc snowmobile engine that put out 63 hp so I don't think what you're saying is so remarkable.
Nothing "Remarkable" just didn't know that the V-Twins they wre using were capable of putting out 160hp...

That's all.

Matt(BCNV) :cool:

·
Banned
356 Posts
V-Twins are very capable of making big power. I see them at the track a lot. Several bagger's are ridden to the track, then click off 11 sec ET's. I would agree that Senior is Deluded. But it's nothing to get 50 hp out of the squeeze. Especially with Nano system's. These motor's are impressive and cool, and all. But they won't ever see High mileage. They are anything but "maintenance free", and forget about 87 octane fuel. Best suited for bike's like OCC builds, rarely ridden one's.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I like the show. It's a TV show, you can't believe anything said on that show. You can't really believe that the relationship between Sr. and Jr. is what the Discovery channel makes it out to be. It's for the most part, at least I believe, fake. I like most of thier bikes, they look nice. Quality may not be there, doesn't matter to me, I'll never have one. I can afford a chopper right now if I wanted, I don't want one so really could care less if thiers are top notch or not, they look cool.

I know V-Twins can put out some incredible power, usually at the expense of reliability.

·
15 year Member
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What a thought. You couldn't even keep up the the 883 on the way to Death Valley. It could have been a 1200 and hopefully it was. It was to far in back of me to tell for sure.

go change your 'Depends"

LOL

Matt(BCNV) :eek:

·
15 year Member
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll bet you enjoy our local Dairy Queen. They only serve weinies. I've had never seen a DQ that didn't have hamburgers. Have you.

I don't "Do" DQ... Dairy on my fragile system causes "Havoc".... as for Hot dogs I go to "Hot Dog Heaven" on St Rose Pkwy..Yum

Matt(BCNV) :doorag:

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Harley is now selling a HD Crate engine that in it's stock configuration is in the neighborhood of 145 HP. With a little tweaking (head and dyno work) 160 HP naturally aspirated is close.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts