GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stepson was going to paint my trailer for me at the college where he is taking a body shop course.His instructor said there was a 20% chance the paint would lift on it.I'm assuming this means flake off.If the old paint is prepped right I would'nt think this would be a problem.Anyone had a problem with this happening.He was not going to be using the Color Rite paint.I believe it was PPG or another name brand they use at the college.The old paint is a pearl white and painting it a black cherry color.The project is on hold for the time being.I would rather have a trailer a different color than a botched paint job.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
trailer painting

I had a teal color bushtec painted pearl white, match worked out nice, paint was slick, with ZERO problems. We did not use honda paint, simply let the paint shop computer scan the pearl white.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Stealth,

Give either John or Andy at Bushtec a call. They paint trailers everyday and I am sure that they do some repaints.

Bet they can set you straight, give you a few tips and let you sleep at night, while your project is is drying.

Bushtec folks are customer oriented and just damned nice folks.

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I would REALLY question that instructor.

My dad was in autobody for years and even when he went into construction he painted (sprayed) all the company trucks and cars the company colors.

He also sprayed several fiberglass boats and NEVER had a problem - and the was from lacquer to acrylic paints(not the boats). He painted multiple trailers (we now call them mobile homes).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts