GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of them easily removable? I ride solo most of the time except for weekends so I would rather not have the armrests on during the solo riding times. I'm leaning towards the Hondaline for this reason but thought I would check first. Also I don't want any that bolt to the trunk.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I have the Khromewerks and they are not easy to remove, at least not for the reasons you want to. They do have just one bolt that holds the arm to the seat bracket. The problem comes when you reattach them. The bolts are undersized and have to be tightened just right so the arms don't swivel on their own. A quarter turn too much and they strip. There are also rubber washers that wear out quickly. These parts can't seem to be found locally so I have to order a bunch of them from Khromewerks just to keep up with the regular maintenance on the bike.

·
Registered
342 Posts
my kury's are not easy to remove... and after drilling the holes, dont think I would want them off anyway... BUT, I like to keep them on, allows me to stop at garage sales along the way and load up the back seat and then use some bungees and cargo nets with the armrests to keep things in...

jmo...

Bob

·
Registered
352 Posts
The Hondalines are very nice and inconspicuous. Install took me a couple of hours. SO loves them. You can see them in my sig picture.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
1+ on honda line, SO likes them..they fi t the flow of the bike/ seat and you don't have to move them away to open the trunk. Plus neat place to hang your helmets.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info everyone. Guess I'll go ahead and get what I was leaning towards in the first place(Hondaline) I do really like how they look like part of the bike.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm sorry, but I can't remember the brand of mine. They are mounted under the passenger handles so they are very secure, but a pain when removing the seat. The arm is easily removed from the main chrome bracket mount with a single bolt that takes less than 5 minutes. I purchased them about 3 years ago.

Good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed my hondaline armrests 3 weeks ago and my wife likes them alot,plus they look great too. The first one takes a little more time to install,but the second ones a breeze,just take your time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts