GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed reg risers on 06 PA several month's ago. I thought the left bar was a little taller than right after installation, both bars adjusted the same. Dismissed thought after riding and thought it might be my eyesight playing tricks. Last week installed texelent bar, with the bar in place I can definitely tell the left bar is higher. Took everything back apart, double checked adjustment on riser's, both sides adjusted equally. I am going to take my calipers home tonight and measure each riser. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this with their Reg risers? Thanks Bill

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
If you have the actual Reg brand the bars are also adjustable front to back. Given the angle of the mount point, sliding them forward and back will in affect move the grips a little higher or lower. Is that perhaps what you are experiencing?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have the actual Reg brand the bars are also adjustable front to back. Given the angle of the mount point, sliding them forward and back will in affect move the grips a little higher or lower. Is that perhaps what you are experiencing?
I have considered that also, I have both bars as far forward as they will go, looking at the bars from top, they look and feel even. Took everything back apart and measured last pm, still no answer. Measuring from bar to lift table I have 3/16 difference in bars with left being higher. Mounted bars in original position without risers and measurements are the same. I tend to agree with your comment, I will try pulling left bar back tonight and re-measure. When I locked the bars down it was as far forward as they would go. The left bar may be going further forward than the right. Thanks for the reply... Bill

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
You can't count on the measurement from the bars to the lift table. My wing, and I've heard many others say the same, leans to the left a little on the center stand.

Although the bars may feel like they are all the way forward, the square nut in the grove is prone to hanging, at least one of mine is.

I found it very difficult to decide when the front forks were straight with the bike and the bars were set the same from side to side so I rode it to feel it and made a couple of tweaks.

Yes, I'm a bit OCD about stuff like that.

·
Read Only
853 Posts
The easiest way to tell if the front wheel is straight forward is to place two straight rods, pipes, or boards tightly against the rear wheel sides. They need to be long enough to run up beside the front tire. You can then more easily gauge whether the front tire is straight and centered. It's also a good way to check front to rear wheel tracking.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies, Found that left bar is more forward than rear. Pulled left bar toward rear until I was able to get the texelent bar level. It looks better now, will be able to tell more when I ride it again. All measurement were taken with bike level on lift table, front tire in cycle vise. Not off very much, just bugged me riding and seeing it was not even. Thanks again, Bill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts