GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy had his boots built up 1 inch, now he has encountered difficulties with the shifter. Does someone sell an aftermarket heel & toe shifter for the 1800? If so, anybody got a link? tia

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
There are several.. I have the rattlebars shifter.. Very nice, well made, easy to install.. Of course, the first two week are hel while you get used to remembering it's there.. ;) Seriously, I like mine.

·
Registered
464 Posts
JD said:
My buddy had his boots built up 1 inch, now he has encountered difficulties with the shifter. Does someone sell an aftermarket heel & toe shifter for the 1800? If so, anybody got a link? tia
Some folks do not talk highly of AddOn's heel/toe shifter and i don't really know why. I bought a new one off ebay and found it to be a quality product for $49.95. Honda direct line has them for $59.95. Personally don't think either one is worth anything unless you have the right peg/board setup. I found them worthless with stock pegs and the stock brackets. I happened to have a set of lowering brackets i had bought that i didn't like and found that using them with a set of wide rail boards was just the ticket. The peg hole positions on the AddOn are different than Rattlebars. This as well as the price made my decision. Go to the rattlebars web site and read up. www.rattlebars.com i believe. And heres the link for the AddOn. http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =240895361

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
By adding the heel-toe shfter, is there any interference to the engine side cover removal?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Responding to Jchefboyardee, yes...the Rattlebars heel / toe shifter does interfere with removal of the side cover but it's no big deal. Two bolts and it's off as a complete unit...too easy. For my money, the minor inconvenience is well worth it.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Thanks! Subby and JW

1 - 10 of 10 Posts