GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you subscribe to the XM Weather Map feature on the Goldwing NAVI? Will this allow you to see live weather maps on the screen?

·
Banned
208 Posts
Can you subscribe to the XM Weather Map feature on the Goldwing NAVI? Will this allow you to see live weather maps on the screen?
Yes, you can subscribe.

Yes, if you turn on the feature of course when planning a route. Then you can specify if you want to be routed around any storms on a planned route. You will also see a warning square on the bottom left of the screen if it detects warnings in the area even if you do not have a route planned. Once stopped you can then view the "doppler" looking screen and see where it is at in relationship to your bike.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
XM is rather strange when it comes to getting and retaining customers. I'm not interested in their music offering, especially with the additional taxes and crap they add on ... but the weather is handy for seeing what's coming at you.
Strangely (again) ... you can subscribe to just Naviweather for $9.99 or Navitraffic for $5 or BOTH for $7. If you subscribe for multiple years you get an additional savings.
Naturally, I went with the BOTH option ... don't care about the traffic (pretty useless outside of major cities) but I still saved over $3 a month. More actually, I opted for 3 years ...

and you can view the weather, road conditions, WIND (it was excessive this week) and NWS reports while riding by pressing and holding the size button on the left handlebar. No need to stop and look.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
you should go into this expecting problems with Sirius/XM. Few CS reps seem to know squat about their weather products. Keep calling back until you find someone who knows what your talking about. Nevertheless, having access to NexRad data is invaluable on a MC.

Be sure and ask for the product by name - it's NavWeather - (NOT Naviweather). Here's a link with a little more info.

XM NavWeather

·
Banned
208 Posts
and you can view the weather, road conditions, WIND (it was excessive this week) and NWS reports while riding by pressing and holding the size button on the left handlebar. No need to stop and look.

Thanks, I learned something today.:bow:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
you should go into this expecting problems with Sirius/XM. Few CS reps seem to know squat about their weather products. Keep calling back until you find someone who knows what your talking about. Nevertheless, having access to NexRad data is invaluable on a MC.

Be sure and ask for the product by name - it's NavWeather - (NOT Naviweather). Here's a link with a little more info.

XM NavWeather
or you can avoid the phone likethe plague and do the whole thing online - quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts