GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about installing the Traxxion trunk relocation kit on my bike and wanted to know if it is compatable with the Bushtec trailer hitch? Has anyone installed the relocation kit with the hitch?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just FYI, I had my trunk set back. It was not done by Traction Dynamics, but by a local dealer. If per chance you have a Corbin seat having the trunk set back puts your co-rider sitting on the edge of the seat which has a rim around it. Traction does have a insert to fill the gap but I'm not sure if it will help. I ended up sitting my trunk back to stock. If you have the flat stock seat it may not be a issue.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I have the stock seat but will keep this issue in mind. Do you know how they set it back? I don't care if the trunk can be removed easy or not always leave it on. If I can move it back without spending $600 that would be the ticket.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Schroders honda in Hendersonville did mine. About $300.00. I think. Took them about 2 hrs. I say it back myself.

·
Vendor
2,349 Posts
I am thinking about installing the Traxxion trunk relocation kit on my bike and wanted to know if it is compatable with the Bushtec trailer hitch? Has anyone installed the relocation kit with the hitch?
I have an owner that said he had to mark and drill 2 holes in the Bushtec down brackets that mount to the front edge of the subframe.

Other than that, installation was "normal".

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have an owner that said he had to mark and drill 2 holes in the Bushtec down brackets that mount to the front edge of the subframe.

Thanks for the video. ordered my kit yesterday.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks for the video. ordered my kit yesterday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts