GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been to the website but don't really understand the registration thing. Is the $50.00 fee for entrance into the event? Does this also include entrance for SO?
I assume the offered courses are another fee in itself?
The website also makes it appear they want you to book all accomodations through their links. We can make our own reservations right?
I hope these questions don't seem off the wall but I've never attended one of these type of events before. :? :? :? :? :? :?

·
Registered
703 Posts
It appears that there is the $50 fee, apiece. And I'm with you that it appears to have fees for certain things you do. I suppose they have to pay expenses some way.

This is my first year to attend. So I'm in the dark as well as you.

As for the hotels, I would assume that with the amount of people they anticipate, it is better for a management company to help you find accomodations. It took my third choice before I found a place.

I suppose someone who has been to Wing Ding can chirp in and give us some facts.

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
WOW $50 per person to get in ?

if thats the case i think attendance will drop bigtime

went a few years ago and paid at the door, they had some kind of deal where if u joined GWRRA u got a discount, think it cost about $25 but not sure

if u want to get in on the seminars its best to sign up now, they told us they were all full when we tried to get in but i did talk to folks that got there later and they were able to get into some seminars, its a big confused mess sometimes

·
Registered
19,054 Posts
Price is the same as this year. $50 gets you in. Some seminars are free, some cost. Lots of vendors . If your SO is not a member I think it cost $5 or $10 more. Book hotels on your own if you want. I have only been to one-this year in Nashville. I had a good time. I don't wear pins , funny hats, patches or vests. If you do-that is OK too. Little emphasis on riding, more on vendors, seminars etc. I entered a bike show and won second(no added chrome) I did the Dunlop tire test and seminar-no cost.I rode several trikes from various companies and road all Honda street models-all no cost. It is what you make it.Lots of vendors meet HAL, EC,J & M,only vendor missing was Bushtec-but had dealers with their trailers. The owner of Trailwind was there. Most get their riding in just to get to the event it was 1000 miles each way from Houston, and more like 1400 miles each way if I attend in 2007. The event is no big deal to me either way. Everyone should attend one.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Laen, thats what I was looking for.
I don't wear ANY of the "goofy" stuff either. Just not into that kind of thing. Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. Ride Safe!!!!!!! :biker:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
If you guys have a chance, try to catch the Top Gun practice or competition.

You'll be amazed at how well these Roadrunners can also dance. 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts