GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Bout a year & half ago -- I bought a set of tires from DLP when they had a sale on 'em -- they've been sitting in the garage since -- would they still be safe/good to use 'em??:?:

·
Registered
214 Posts
I would think they are still ok to use, as long as they werent sitting in a lot of water the whole time.

·
Registered
19,068 Posts
Absolutely unsafe to use. Please mail them to me so I can dispose of them properly

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Check the "born on" date....if they are over 4 years old...I'd think about it.

Mark

·
Registered
725 Posts
'Bout a year & half ago -- I bought a set of tires from DLP when they had a sale on 'em -- they've been sitting in the garage since -- would they still be safe/good to use 'em??:?:
Are we talking about ct or mt at any rate check the born date::popcorn:

MT = if it is older then 6 years and a mt you can use it but just be advised that they say that 6 years is the cut off date and should not be sold if older then six years old any thing

CT= the same date applies to ct also but with a ct you have a lot less weight on the tire if you have it on a bike so i would thing the could be moved to 8 years.:thumbup:

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
seems like 1.5 year old tires should be plenty safe to use :thumbup:

if u still don't feel safe i would b happy to buy them from u, just let me know with a PM or email
THANKS and GOODLUCK

·
Registered
19,068 Posts
Are we talking about ct or mt at any rate check the born date::popcorn:

MT = if it is older then 6 years and a mt you can use it but just be advised that they say that 6 years is the cut off date and should not be sold if older then six years old any thing

CT= the same date applies to ct also but with a ct you have a lot less weight on the tire if you have it on a bike so i would thing the could be moved to 8 years.:thumbup:
Dusty-more dangerous CT information from Darksiders who know nothing about safety.Your manual specifically says DO NOT USE CAR TIRES THEY MAY CAUSE DEATH . ALL motorcycle manufacturers recommend not to use CTs . I am glad you feel safe suggesting that others use a dry rotting 8 year old CT. Just be careful when you give out information you know nothing about. To help you in your quest Dark Sider I suggest you view this

ttp://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=656171n

http://www.mxguy.com/ford-excursion/how-old-are-your-tires-are-they-safe_09-09-2008/

·
Registered
725 Posts
Dusty-more dangerous CT information from Darksiders who know nothing about safety. Most manufacturers recommend not to use CTs older than 5 years, I am glad you feel safe suggesting that others use a dry rotting 8 year old CT. Just be careful when you give out information you know nothing about. To help you in your quest Dark Sider I suggest you view this

ttp://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=656171n

http://www.mxguy.com/ford-excursion/how-old-are-your-tires-are-they-safe_09-09-2008/
You are correct i do not know any thing and just because you have looked up a web site is no sign you know anything at all it just means you found a web site, and no matter what web site you found it is not going to say anything a CT on a motorcycle so what the he-l is your point?:shrug:

·
Registered
19,068 Posts
The owners of this website does not endorse the use of "any" car tires on a motorcycle. This board has been created so that there is no confusion that the owners of this site does not recommend, advocate or encourage the use of car tires on a motorcycle. All car tire threads will be moved here.:roll:

·
Registered
725 Posts
He-l Laen your one of those naysayers should have know..........

He-l they say sex will kill you but I bet your not just dating rosey and her daughters.

So if you really have nothing to say say it some where else.:thumbup:

you have no experence in any of and this have no dog in this fight. So Kiss my grits:doorag:

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Banned
4,623 Posts

One interesting laen on here.. You want to see him respond using GREAT BIG LETTERS ?? Just mention a car tire LOL

He is one funny guy LOL !! Heres to ya laen :thumbup:

JMHO :cool:

·
Registered
746 Posts
................................................car tire .......................................

·
Registered
746 Posts
C a r t i r e

·
Registered
746 Posts
Pssssssst.....laen,

Car Tire !

·
Banned
4,623 Posts

Dang, you guys are so funny !! Keep me laughing on here.

Wingriderz, Don't lie so boldly, You have 3.44 times more posts on here than I do. I only have 3776 and you have 13,011 so look who is calling the kettle black.

laen,

Car tire !!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Al, if tires are datecoded less than 6 years. They're fine.

See Ya in October with the C2C !

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
CAAAAARTIIIIIIIIRE:coffee1:

·
Banned
4,623 Posts

He is sooooo undependable !!

JMHO :cool:

·
Smoky
1,191 Posts
FLC2C,
If it was my tires.....I'd use them :thumbup: !
Ride safe!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts