GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Yes, Honda has sent me a survey a few times since 2009. Obviously they only survey smart and handsome customers. :grin2:
I got one in 1998 -and based on My suggestions we got the 2001 wing

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Some facts to consider:

More than one of our board members had personal invitations to the unveiling of the new Wing.

One of those was “recognized” by Honda design engineers from Japan - based on pictures and comments read here, on this forum.

To me it is pretty clear that Honda, among other things, has been reading our posts on this forum. Basically, they have been quietly “surveying” every one of us for years.

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/74-wisconsin-wi/379905-trip-la.html

I just hope the Honda electrical engineers paid very close attention to @techdude2000 and learned a thing or two about how NOT to wire the new bike!:wink2:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I've had a few surveys the last few years. Very detailed, asking about the Honda emblems, how many emblems, probably about 25 questions pretty much about everything. Of course I've bought about 5 new goldwings in the last 7 or 8 years.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have the 2009 level 3 and I would not even consider purchasing a new 2018 with so many changes. I have considered buying a new 2015 - 2017. Just me. and No, I have never been contacted by Honda except for a recall notice.

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
I have the 2009 level 3 and I would not even consider purchasing a new 2018 with so many changes. I have considered buying a new 2015 - 2017. Just me. and No, I have never been contacted by Honda except for a recall notice.
That is your right. God Bless America.:flg:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was asked to complete a “current owners survey “ at Wing Ding in 2010. I had an 09 at the time.
It was several ages long, and I remember highlighting a few requests for future models: six speed tranny, iPod integration, and better LCD. Guess they eventually listened.

·
Love The DCT
12,020 Posts
I was asked to complete a “current owners survey “ at Wing Ding in 2010. I had an 09 at the time.
It was several ages long, and I remember highlighting a few requests for future models: six speed tranny, iPod integration, and better LCD. Guess they eventually listened.
Was the survey from Honda or was it a GWRRA survey that would be "passed on" to Honda?

:doorag:

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Did you accidentally check the “less luggage” box?

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Yes, Honda has sent me a survey a few times since 2009. Obviously they only survey smart and handsome customers. :grin2:
O' won't you be my daddy?? LOL

·
Registered
963 Posts
I was curious to know if anyone on this fourm had ever been contacted by Honda to provide input or fill out a survey in regards to what we wanted from the new Wing. I have owned mine for 17 years and no avenue has ever been provided to me for giving any input.
Nope.

·
Chard Member
13,054 Posts
I’ve been buying new Wings since ‘80. Nothing from Honda except recall notices.

Honda isn’t a motorcycle company. It’s a car company that sells motorcycles!

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,553 Posts
I’ve been buying new Wings since ‘80. Nothing from Honda except recall notices.

Honda isn’t a motorcycle company. It’s a car company that sells motorcycles!
Every darn car and motorcycle I've bought since 1997 has had some sort of recall...Ford, Yamaha, Hyundai, Honda, Chevy.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I do recall a survey at the Honda demo booth at Americade a number of years ago. I am unsure about the year, but I think it was probably 8-10 years ago. I do remember there being a question about having a automatic transmission available (at that time most people were horrified by the suggestion).

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I have bought eight new Wings five of which were of the 1800 model, no survey, no thank you, maybe if I hand bought one more?

Reactions: Bayrec

·
Registered
530 Posts
And by the way Honda, if you're listening, when can we get a GL1800 Tour 6-speed with an Airbag? You have all the components available on the assembly line. All you have to do is turn on the switch. Just let your customer base know you will do it for a model year, take orders and down payments, make a production run of a few hundred, a thousand or whatever and you are good. No exposure or risk. I won't be buying an 1833 without the airbag as I already have one in the form of my '08, and I won't be buying a DCT. If you want my business, that's what I need, and thank you for listening.

·
Registered
19,244 Posts
I was contacted in 2006, 2011 & 2019 for a Honda survey.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I was curious to know if anyone on this fourm had ever been contacted by Honda to provide input or fill out a survey in regards to what we wanted from the new Wing. I have owned mine for 17 years and no avenue has ever been provided to me for giving any input.

No kidding................ Honda asked me and others to meet with them ( this was several years ago ) to provide input. They paid each one of us $100.00 in cash on the spot. This was in New Jersey.

True.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts