I see you didn't get a reply, so I'll give my 2 cents worth. This has been discussed a few times on this post and I think I used his advice when I did mine. I think his final torque value was about 22 to 24 ft. lbs. of torque. I used 24 ft.lbs. and it worked well for me. I did notice that many did use the 30 ft. lbs. and were pleased. The nut should ititially be torqued down tighter to about 45 ft lbs., then loosened and tightened a few times to set the bearings. Also moving the steering side to side several times. Then final torque to about 24 ft. lbs + or - depending on your preference. Again, there are many different opinions on this ( as is the case with just about everything on these posts) but I think this is where he torqued his. Might be worth a search to check.