GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chard Member
13,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've wanted to ask this for a couple years and I keep forgetting. I had a brain cell wake up so I thought I would ask before I forgot again. :oops:

I remember getting a small mail order catalog from Ohio years ago. Maybe one or two of the catalogs a year. I thought it was from Shadyside. Maybe the catalog was called Shadetree. Was that you or was it a previous owner? Was it even the same place? How long ago was that?

TIA.....

G

·
Not us or the former owner. The only Ohio place that I am aware of was "Competition Accessories" and I believe their mail order business is pretty much gone. Their dealership has new owners.

·
Young Buck
2,568 Posts
Yes, there is a mail order place out of Ohio called "Shade Tree". I remember getting their catalogs in the late 90's. Even placed an order or two with them.

Haven't seen a catalog from them in a few years...at least.

http://www.shadetreemotorcycle.com/

·
Chard Member
13,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Hal! I dealt with Competition Accessories when I lived south of Dayton. At one time their mail order business was ran out of a pole barn type building. I heard they really got big when they moved to Springfield.

I thought they had a good online business going at one time! You ran them off Hal! LOL... In the 70's I think they had almost every oddball brand motorcycle available. I think they were a huge Yamaha dealer back then also.

Thanks for the link mrgl02. I will have to check it out. It's been years since I have seen one of their catalogs also!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Shadetree does still sells

I live in Cleveland, OH and the Shadetree Co does still sell motorcycle things along with ATV, snowmobile, and other items. I think they are in Middlefield, OH or somewhere in the area. I have purchased helmets and a few things from them.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Re: Shadetree does still sells

ORANGERUSH/Bill Ellis said:
I live in Cleveland, OH and the Shadetree Co does still sell motorcycle things along with ATV, snowmobile, and other items. I think they are in Middlefield, OH or somewhere in the area. I have purchased helmets and a few things from them.
YES they are in Middlefield Oh. They have a small display in their store. You can pick up what you want if they have it in stock. Nice Amish country so if looking for a place to ride to go for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts