GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John... i bought a Bustek V-2 hitch & it came with an isolator harness wiring kit I think from Electrical Connection.. i am trying to wire it so my new Escapade trailer lights will work..and I am somewhat confused...

someone that has the same set up sent me some info to wire it ... and its as follows:

Escapade WHITE wire connects to bike GROUND

Escapade BROWN wire connects to PARKING/RUNNING LIGHTS

Escapade YELLOW wire connects to bike LEFT TURN

Escapade GREEN wire connects to bike RIGHT TURN

Escapade RED wire connects to bike BRAKE LIGHTS

so I did what the above recommended and all seem to work like it should
but there is a BLACK wire from the relay (elect conn) that came with the hitch and it does not have any power with the switch on or off I am puzzled... I don't know were that particular wire connects... I did the plug & play with the connectors.... and ran the red & black direct to the battery.
Can you offer any info to where that wire goes ? I will have a lid dome light on my Escapade trailer ... the Pig tail that came from Escapade is a 6 wire set up...
Just trying to state all the info so someone might be able to direct me in the right direction...

thanks,

cosmic

·
Registered
91 Posts
The black wire operates the interior lights. Bushtec recommends combining the black wire with the running light wire so that the interior light operates only when the running light are functioning, so it does not drain battery if the light is left on.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Which means that you'll have to keep the ignition on to power all the lights on the bike and trailer, just so you can see inside the trailer when you get to the motel in the dark? Nah, bad idea!

The Escapade trailers come with a mercury switch that turns the light off when you close the trailer lid, but if that is a concern to you, the interior dome light comes equipped with a switch that I turn off before I close the lid.

Happy trailering.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts