GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Lewis,
I also own an 07 Ultra as well as my wing and was wondering if your heated grips would work for it as well. I see the plug and play kit for the Wings but nothing else. I would be willing to make my own harness if I could get the heating elements and the nifty switch ....

giz

I would be installing under a set of ISO grips....and running the wiring internally in the handelbars to the switch

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
giz, I have a question. My close friend has a Ultra and keeps telling me just how much better it is then my wing. So, what do you like better about the Ultra then your wing?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy loaded questions Batman..... :lol: I love both bikes...the Wing wins hands down in the power department. For me the Ultra seems to be better suited for my build, ie seating position etc. The Ultra has a better audio system imo also. I like the styling of the Ultra as well as the aerodynamics of the Wing. Both great bikes...think I will keep-um both. If i had to loose one it would be a tough decision. If I based it soley on my riding style, build and comfort level then the edge would go to the Ultra.

Giz

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Gizmo,

Just curious, how many miles do you ride a year and are they short trips or longer ones?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Oh God hear we go again, one simple question will turn into an all out debate, then it will have to go the harley board. :roll: :lol:

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Hey Giz, Harley makes heat grips for the UC, had them on my 03....

But, you'll never beat the warmth of Gerbings gloves, I have heated grips on my 07 Wing and while it's nice to always have them, the heated gloves are the cats butt....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trialsman,

I ride about 30k a year, and have tried to split it kinda even between the 2....I had a Road King before the Ultra and the last 2 years averaged about 12-15k per year. Did alot of week long jaunts as well as the weekends to the mountains or the beach. The Wing has not had as many miles since the Ultra has been put in the garage but my longest trip on her was to Florida towing my Dart trailer in the pouring rain. Before the 1800 I had a 1500 Wing and quite honestly that fit me better than the 1800 also. Weather permitting I ride every day to work and alternate between the 2 bikes depending on the mood.....

Giz

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KYBLUE,

I have the ISO GRIPS now so I want to retain those if at all possible, I like Lewis setup and I think I could adapt it if needed. I like that idea rather than the bulk of the gloves, especially for the cooler nights where a full glove like the gerbings might be a bit bulky....that being said I did try a set of gerbing gloves at Americade a couple years ago and that might be the ticket for the 20 degree mornings here......hmmm now ya got me thinking... :lol:

Giz

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Gizmo,

We have a setup for Harleys that uses the left handlebar clamp for the switch. The switch is built in with LEDs to indicate the heat level...4 levels available. Allows use of any grip. Should have info up by Monday. These are really trick!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks lewis I eagerly await the info.....
Giz

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
gizmocool said:
Trialsman,

I ride about 30k a year, and have tried to split it kinda even between the 2....I had a Road King before the Ultra and the last 2 years averaged about 12-15k per year. Did alot of week long jaunts as well as the weekends to the mountains or the beach. The Wing has not had as many miles since the Ultra has been put in the garage but my longest trip on her was to Florida towing my Dart trailer in the pouring rain. Before the 1800 I had a 1500 Wing and quite honestly that fit me better than the 1800 also. Weather permitting I ride every day to work and alternate between the 2 bikes depending on the mood.....

Giz

Thanks...Sounds like the best of both worlds...I'm not sure what I would get, if I wanted another bike for the streets.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Giz, it is nice to have choices, isn't it?

Congrats on your stable. I am jealous.

:lol:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, and a double thanks to all for not turning this into a heated Harley vs Honda debate..... :lol: :wink: :D

Giz

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
sh4325 said:
Maybe someday HD will get the HP up to a more respectable level and I will definately have more interest.
Check the 2007 Screaming Eagle Ultra or Dyna.. just might suprise you

cosmic

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now, now no bickering....we have been good so far :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
504 Posts
07 Screamin Eagle Ultra

Yea the Screamin Eagle big bore kit bumps the power from about 63 HP to about 83 HP at the rear wheel. That would satisfy me power wise but to pay $22,000-$23,000 for the bike and another six grand to get the engine to perform adequately is too much for me. Or $30,000 for a Screamin Eagle Ultra with the big bore kit and all of the other things that they put into the package would be very nice but again the $30,000 is to much for me to justify. The Screamin Eagle Ultra does looks very cool!

Maybe some day they will have 90-100HP without havin to pay $30,000 to get it. In the meanwhile I will not be holding my breath waitin on that.

·
Registered
504 Posts
07 SE Ultra

How about enlightening us Cosmic. I read an article that stated 83.1 HP 115 Ft.Lbs torque on the dyno. HD readily publishes the torque for the Screamin Eagle engine but they don't seem to be to proud about the HP ratings. I would like to find some additional info. I was wrong on the MSRP for the SE Ultra. The MSRP is 33,495.00.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Re: 07 SE Ultra

sh4325 said:
How about enlightening us Cosmic. I read an article that stated 83.1 HP 115 Ft.Lbs torque on the dyno. HD readily publishes the torque for the Screamin Eagle engine but they don't seem to be to proud about the HP ratings. I would like to find some additional info. I was wrong on the MSRP for the SE Ultra. The MSRP is 33,495.00.
Yep.. The Screaming Eagle Ultra is just a tak over the fully loaded ABS Wing.. give Honda a couple of more years.. and they will be neck & neck on MSRP..

by the way.. do you type in such large Font because you are shouting or do you have trouble reading small letters ??

cosmic

1 - 20 of 21 Posts