GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With sub-zero temps, tons of snow, spring is monthe away, advance case of PMS, I got a question for you:

Who's the stupid ones here, snow birds or us who choose to stay home and suffer??? :shrug: :snow1: :banghead:

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
As a Native New Jerseyan now in Florida for about 10 years...I can answer that: YOU ALL STILL UP THERE IN THE SUB-ZERO TEMPS ARE INSANE!!!! That cold can KILL you!!! Whatsamatter with you, living up there?? OOPS! Sorry...guess my fingers got ahead of my head here... :roll:;):lol::joke::joke::joke:

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Someone has to live in the North country. If they all moved south the USA would tilt and sink into the oceans.

That'a my story and I'm stickin' to it! :coffee1:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
With sub-zero temps, tons of snow, spring is monthe away, advance case of PMS, I got a question for you:

Who's the stupid ones here, snow birds or us who choose to stay home and suffer??? :shrug: :snow1: :banghead:
Stupid here - dumber than mud but the kids and the business are here; however, the weather and roads are great in the warmer months. This year's global warming does tend to drive you crazy, though.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Well, I'm stupid for having a job here; but I'm better off than many who have lost theirs. Another 17 months and there will be plans to be in warmer climes that Nebraska at least for a couple of months out of the year (Jan & Feb).

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Dumb here... -18 today.

·
Registered
330 Posts
In two weeks the bike goes on the trailer and we are on our way south till the snow is gone here. Can hardly wait. Next year think we will leave earlier.

Looking for warmth and sun with no shoveling

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Every area has it's faults.

Here in Mn it's cold in the winter, but we don't have wildfires, hurricanes, mud slides,earthquakes, Tornado's (seldom) ungodly heat & humidity (At least not very often) or over crowding

And when it's spring-fall here the riding can't be beat. Beautiful scenery, weather, great roads to take a trip on. etc.

If you're into skiing, snowmobiling, ice fishing etc. The winter is a blast.

If you hate winter, don't stay here, lol

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
well, until they build me a Wing strong enough to pull a trailer with 14 minitaure horses, so I can move the whole fam damily south in the winter, I'm stuck in snow ...
But ... while I can't run the twisties on the bike ... I can find twisties and straighlen them out with the snowmobiles ... :joke:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
We just got back from FL. Two weeks over the Holidays every year breaks the winter up so I can survive. We ride down, left here at 28 degrees came back at 32, today it is 4. I worked down south for five years but got Pittsburgh pay. When the company came back North I tried to stay but the money is up here. Wages down south are terrible. I guess they have to pay more to get people to live in a place like this.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Well I don't know who the stupid one's are but I think some of our southern riders did not go out today!!!!!! LOL

However there has been a time or two this season already where I have been thinking go south young man go south!!!!!

But like Fred said in one of his posts when it is 108 and humid this summer they will want to be up here!!!!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
4 beautiful seasons, 3 for riding, 1 for catching up on all the other things. Wouldn't have it any other way!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts