GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to help a brother out, When entering routes with title names, why does the gps turn them into routes with numbers?
I can't seem to find the reason for this and It doesn't do this on my bike, is there a setting that causes this?
Anyone have any Ideas to try?
Thanks

PearlblueRider

·
Registered
471 Posts
Trying to help a brother out, When entering routes with title names, why does the gps turn them into routes with numbers?
I can't seem to find the reason for this and It doesn't do this on my bike, is there a setting that causes this?
Anyone have any Ideas to try?
Thanks

PearlblueRider
One possible reason...
Any name with a space in the title gets changed or not recognized.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the working bike received it's update from the same Thumb drive as the non working bike, thats kind of why i was wondering if it was a setting on the bike that we are overlooking?
has us stumped.
Thanks

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
USB / Basecamp works fine on one bike , and not the other, no spaces or characters.

Thanks
Yes, the working bike received it's update from the same Thumb drive as the non working bike, thats kind of why i was wondering if it was a setting on the bike that we are overlooking?
has us stumped.
Thanks
So you are transferring the same route file, from the same usb stick, to two (2) different bikes and getting different results?

One bike displays the file name and the other displays a number instead?

And if you load the route to the gps it's the same route?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you are transferring the same route file, from the same usb stick, to two (2) different bikes and getting different results?

One bike displays the file name and the other displays a number instead?

And if you load the route to the gps it's the same route?
Just the software upgrade is the same, next time were together I want to try my usb with routes that I know work in my bike and see if is his bike changing them, I know he uses Apple computer mine is PC but I wouldn't think that would matter.
Had him try a couple different usb drives, and clear all routes before down loading and that didn't help either.
When he tried it again he made certain the file was correct with name and no spaces ect., but when loaded to the bike the name changed to route#1 on the list.
Thank you for helping

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
Might want to verify that none of the illegal characters are being used.
A file which has *, /,“, ?, :, or space in the filename is not displayed.

There is a 'Rename' function available on the bike.

Does route#1 load and display the correct route information?

Should be able to email him one (or more) of the routes you know work on your bike for him to try loading on his.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Might want to verify that none of the illegal characters are being used.
A file which has *, /,“, ?, :, or space in the filename is not displayed.

There is a 'Rename' function available on the bike.

Does route#1 load and display the correct route information?

Should be able to email him one (or more) of the routes you know work on your bike for him to try loading on his.
For now that is what he as to do is to rename the route, some how the bike take the route name and converts it to a route number , route 1 to route 15 , so then he has to rename them. It's an extra step but the routes do work fine. Just something he shouldn't have to do and I sure can't find out why?

PBR

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, Here is what we have found out, if we load a proper file direct from a email to the thumbdrive it works just the way it should.
But if he takes a good file from his Apple basecamp file (drag and drop into the thumb drive it works),However if the transfers the file via Export to his thumbdrive it now will change from a name to a route number.
Any Ideas on what the Apple basecamp export feature may be doing?

Thanks
PearlblueRider

1 - 11 of 11 Posts