GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one of you left the freezer door open? We were enjoying our winter in the 60's and 70's here in SE TX. My ride on the OrangeRush in to work this morning at 7:30 was 36. :24shocked: I thought I would never thaw out. Went out for lunch and it had warmed up to 40. Supposed to be colder in the morning. :24shocked: I am glad I have a short commute to West Houston.

Tim

·
Registered
258 Posts
It wasn't me! We are getting hammered with snow here, but it will be changing to rain tonight making a mess of everything. I'll give you a hollar in the summer to see if you left the oven open.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
01PearlBlueRon,
I know what you mean. Saturday was a nice day for the Snowball Run in Montgomery. I removed my jacket liner and long johns for the ride home. I didn't need heavy gloves either. Now the temp is dropping like a rock and expected to hit 14 tonight. I know this isn't really cold but this is a reason I don't live up Nawth.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
When I die, I want to come back as one of my dogs!
I liked that when I read it. It reminds me of one of my favorites that I try to live up to;

"I want to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am." :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
freezeer door

sorry i was doing an expieriment with my wing seeing if it would start in sub zero weather and i forgot to close the door ... :D :lol: :!:

·
Registered
156 Posts
The patio door is closed! But only because I wanted the AC on. That cold front is supposed to hit us tonight and kick it way down to about 65.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
The Rev said:
The patio door is closed! But only because I wanted the AC on. That cold front is supposed to hit us tonight and kick it way down to about 65.
I'll have to remember y'all in my prayers tonight! :wink: :D

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
How do you like us NOW ?

Well boys ? Us Northern folks thought it was time to give you boys & girls a little sample of how it is during the winter. So just remember when we start getting cabin fever up here, have a little pity. We were really aiming at that guy in Florida. I think his name is RED !
LOL :D

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
COLD??? IS IT COLD OUT???

I hadn't noticed, it's getting into flannel shirt weather around here~~~~just a bit nippy :weeping:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not ciold here

Just another beautiful day in S Fl., I rode the bike to pickup my order from Hal. Sunny and 78 8) again, but dont tell them New York City Folks its too crowded here already.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Blackwing...you mean you actually water ski with ski jackets on?? :a13:

It was -3 here this am, +8 when I left work at 3pm. Tomorrow, we will have a heat wave; it's supposed to reach 20 or 21. Don't even ask about the 'wind chill factor'. :22yikes:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
It was -28 this morning, and a truck load of wire arrived that had to be lowered to the powerhouse from the top of the dam where I work. My crew and I spent 4 hours slinging and lowering the wire, it was so cold the sheaves on the crane boom wouldn't turn. For any of you that have never had to work outside in that kind of cold, it's hard to even move with that many clothes on. :D

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Ed Siemers-

It sounds like you need heated clothing and a long extention cord at your dam job! LOL It must have taken you the rest of the day to warm back up after that cold 4 hours!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts