GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Registered
1,628 Posts
Mine is -32 -a cup:nojoke::nojoke::nojoke:

· Registered
1,517 Posts
Go for it.... take your time put it on when it's warm outside ...
I like it because it keeps the bugs/ rock chips off...easy to clean , and gives it
an sporty appearance.
Just take your time... and it will go on neatly , some guys have a hard time with it , so you may hear
negative input.

· Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
I grew up in the 60's and am kinda partial to braless.

I just got done with my bike in the shop for the winter and buffed out all the scratches. 40,000 and there's a half a dozen rock chips (tiny), and a couple scratches (tiny) you can see if the light is just right. Other than those, the paint is immaculate.

If you're looking for a bra for protection, I don't think you need one.

If you're looking for looks, it's tough to beat braless.

· Registered
1,358 Posts
I have one on my 06, and I like it and I feel it looks well with my dark red bike. I seems to add to the flow of the leather on the top half of the bike. You do have to remember to take it off once in a while to clean and repolish under it. That's no real problem... well for the most part. Now that my bike has had it on for awhile, when I take it off ..it seems that the front end sags.

· Registered
46 Posts
"Go for it.... take your time put it on when it's warm outside ...
I like it because it keeps the bugs/ rock chips off...easy to clean , and gives it
an sporty appearance.
Just take your time... and it will go on neatly , some guys have a hard time with it , so you may hear
negative input. :agree:
I have one on my Titanium also

· Registered
4,635 Posts
I could make all kinds of humorous comments, gut I will refrain!
I have never had one on the wing, but did have one on my Eclips GTX. If it wasn't taken off with some regularity and cleaned and waxed, the dirt under would leave mini scratches all over, from sand and small debris getting under and grinding it into the paint. I stopped using it for that reason. Now I go braless and put up with the small chips and dings, and, ohyea the sag.:roll:

· Registered
2013 Red GW
5,937 Posts
I have one for my 06 because of Lovebugs are really bad twice a year down in sunny Fla. These bugs will eat the paint off any thing so the bra keeps cleaning down to the shield, fender and cowl. Bugs wipe right off the bra.

· Registered
389 Posts
You either clean the bug guts off the bra or off the paint, never had a bra so don't know if they come off easier. If they come off easier with the bra, then cleaning is easier but you have to look at that ugly bra all the time. If you don't use one, you put up with bug guts on the paint and maybe chips and harder to remove bug body parts. All in all, if you don't use a bra, a 10 year old Goldwing looks like a 10 year old Goldwing. If you have a bra, a 10 year old Goldwing looks like a 10 year old Goldwing with a brand new fairing attached (with the bra removed).

· Banned
1,128 Posts
I had one on my bike and loved it! It prevented rock chips and made cleaning the bugs off the front a simple job! I took it off when I had pin-striping put on last year. I have it for sale if you need one. $25.00 plus shipping and it's as good as new!

THE BRA HAS BEEN SOLD!!

G

·
Go for it.... take your time put it on when it's warm outside ...
an sporty appearance.
negative input.
Dang I never thought about sewing patches on it...
The stitching doesn't damage the leather??

I see your a Buffallo soldier, what city

· Registered
423 Posts
I bought one and left it on for a few short rides (my bikes hasn't been ridden much), and took it off and it now sits on the shelf.

2 reasons: (1) I'm not totally convinced it looks better although it does add protection to the front from rock chips. (2) I'm a safety freak. I've read that riders with white helmets are more visible. If white is more visible, that should mean that white bike is potentially safer. Why cover up the broad white front of the bike with black leather that does not reflect much, if any, light? I think it makes me less visible so off it stays.

· Registered
560 Posts
bugs come off way easier with the bra.....

lovebugs are the reason i got it in the first place....

had the bra on for 2 years without removal... i only took it
off due to the sun eating at the threads and it was starting
to come apart.....

bought a 2nd one so now i can swap them out if need be....

nothing affected the paint underneath in that 2 yr time frame...

and cleaning is soooo much easier since i put it on.......

the best deal on price is the one from HAL :cool:

· Registered
406 Posts
Have had one on mine for 5 years...only removed once. I think they are great item and fit like a glove. Easy to clean & I like the idea of patches being sewn on it...never thought of that! Can be purchased for @ $75 so don't pay much more.

Ron
Cowhide Covers

Attachments

· Registered
198 Posts
I have one that I use on my 06. After I put it on i use some armor all on it and it helps wipe the bugs of even easier. I do not ride with it all the time. But If I know I'll be riding for a while I'll put it on to help with the bugs and rocks.... Go for it you'lll like it.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.