GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I am looking at moving up to the 2012 and don't know if anything off the 2008 would work on the new one. I have a tulsa windshield that is etched and Kruyakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Kruyakyn backrest, Baker airwings lower and upper, front fender trim bar, anyway you get the picture and can't tell from picture what will work.
Does the CB radio from the earlier 1800's work in the new 2012 and are the filters the same (would take the one out of my 08 before trading it in?)

I have road down to the dealer and looked a couple of times but thought this would be a good question to anyone who bought on to find out if these things work?
I also seen somewhere that the trailer hitch off an 08 did fit the 2012 and that again is a major question
thanks.:popcorn:

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Can't advise-know nothing about the 2012 yet.
However, I do have a question. Some of the items you are wondering about, such as the Baker airwings, would leave "evidence"(holes) were they removed from your old bike! How do you intend to take care of that issue?

·
Registered
86 Posts
No CB will not work. Different hook up. Air wings will not. Trim pieces should, windshield, not sure. Haven't had front plastic off yet.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when I take the baker airwings off I put the screws back in the holes and chrome caps on, that is the way I did the 02 and both friends that I ride with did the same with there's.
With the CB not working in the new 2012 that might make the difference between trading up or not, we ride and use the CB all the time with the 4 of us that hang out together.
I thought about just going up to a 2010 and transfering the stuff but was really leaning towards the 2012 but maybe next year now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was told by Kruyakyn that their backrest will not fit on the 2012. If you find one that does and has the same material I'd sure like to know, leaving on a trip in a couple of weeks and sure would like to have one by then. As for the CB, location and hookup are different, bite the bullit, buy a new one, improvements have been made over the years.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the dealer is going to let me know more about the CB today, the service manager and parts manager were off yesterday so couldn't get a lot of information yet.
it is looking like 90% of the things on the 08 won't work on the 2012, and I really wish it had more lights on the back, but again that is just something to adjust to.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have moved the Baker Built hand wings and leg wings to 2012 with no problem. Foot wings had to take one of the double clamps off but still fit snug. Did not try main airwings. Kuryakyn Ergo Cruise mounts 4056 and passenger cruise pegs 7016 mounted with no problem.
My diamond custom seat will not work.:oops: Close but no go. My custom seat was not heated so I donot know if that would make a difference.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Wind shield will work my windbender fit perfect.My airwings work also (Baker).Put my Ultimate seat on and it fit real good but it is not heated and if you do not buy the fittings to connect the wiring circut you loose your heated grips also.The hitch fits also but you have to extend the draw bar as the angle of the back of the 12 is longer so you have to add length on the drawbar.the cb has a different plug but I think you can make it work if you can get a plug to hook old to new

1 - 8 of 8 Posts