GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there put Dyna Beads in there MT rear tires. I ordered some today and wanted to know if you put in 3 or 4 ounces in each of the 225/60/15 rear tires. Also does anyone have a quick way of getting them in the front and rear without a vibrating machine. Don't have one of them but I am sure many have come up with another way of doing it. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I have Dyna Beads in the front and rear tires....I love it...for the front tire....take off the tire,,,,the brads just pour right in thru the 90% angle....the rears....use 3 oz....just pour them in

·
Registered
809 Posts
Go slow. Have patience. Don't let the tube come off or you'll spend the next hour or so finding them. I haven't put them in the rears thinkn about it though. I like what a feel in the front. Just hate the low speed buzz of this MPA I put on.

·
Registered
19,312 Posts
Fill the tube up and ut your portable air compressure to the tube to blow thru. Don't have an air compressor? Get one you need to check tires each time you ride

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey Toolboxjunky, Be patient with the MPA. The "buzz" you are experiencing will 90% go away after about 1300 to 1500 miles on the tire, maybe less if you're lucky. I whined about the same thing, but it DID go away.

Ron McGowan
Pearland, Texas

·
Registered
113 Posts
dyna

One tip for putting them in, as above with air, is to have the stem at 3:00 or 9:00 with the tube up in the 12:00 oclock posotion. This will help prevent them from coming back at you. Also put in a small amount in at a time.

Just my experiance and others may find a different wway.

Stan

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Mike D:
did you put them in? How is it riding. I have thought about it, and did you have to remove the weights that are already there??????
Basically; give us a report!! :doorag:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just put them in yesterday. After doing the back in a hour or so realized it would go faster with a longer piece of tubing with the air gun from the compressor. Lost a bit of them on the garage floor due to them backing up the short tube and coming back at me. I did but 3 in the back and 2 in the front. I had no weights on all 3 tires so can not comment on the removal of weight part. Have not ridding it yet we are taking a ride on Saturday. Really won't know what to compare it to , due that the bike rode pretty smooth till I hit about 65mph. When I get up to that speed Saturday I will find out if it was worth the 26 dollars or it was snake oil and then I will just have them high speed balanced.

·
Registered
113 Posts
beads

If you put your valve stem at 3:00 or 9:00 with your tubing up at 12:00 oclock you will loose very few beads. I found out the hard way.

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
Liquid Tire Balancer (LTB)

Liquid Tire Balance (LTB) provides benefits that competitive products can't claim. Other balancing agents such as powders and beads, can coagulate and ball up, defeating the purpose of what they're supposed to do. Since LTB is a liquid it stays fluid and in constant movement in the tire. As a liquid it can't clog the valve stem and the cooling properties helps reduce the temperature of the tire (which extends life). Additionally, LTB contains a rust inhibitor package that prevents rust on the rim.
Lead is a carcinogenic and in many states, lead weights used to balance tires are being outlawed. LTB is an environmentally friendly formula and the major ingredient is actually a food additive. Lead weights can fall off, but LTB will never evaporate!

Anybody ever try this stuff? I'm not a tire expert so I don't know which would work best?

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Liquid Tire Balancer (LTB)

Liquid Tire Balance (LTB) provides benefits that competitive products can't claim. Other balancing agents such as powders and beads, can coagulate and ball up, defeating the purpose of what they're supposed to do. Since LTB is a liquid it stays fluid and in constant movement in the tire. As a liquid it can't clog the valve stem and the cooling properties helps reduce the temperature of the tire (which extends life). Additionally, LTB contains a rust inhibitor package that prevents rust on the rim.
Lead is a carcinogenic and in many states, lead weights used to balance tires are being outlawed. LTB is an environmentally friendly formula and the major ingredient is actually a food additive. Lead weights can fall off, but LTB will never evaporate!

Anybody ever try this stuff? I'm not a tire expert so I don't know which would work best?
Won't work on trikes.....says its for trucks......:lol:
and the MSDS says it is a liquid RIM conditioner (AKA Soap????)

http://www.deltatiresealant.com/docs/LTB%20MSDS.pdf

then went to another site, and instead of balancing beads, they suggers Equal.......????

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=624141

Just shows, to be an expert on the internet, all you need is a keyboard and a connection......

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
Never said I was a tire expert. I have heard some my two-wheel friends talk about success with Liquid Tire Balancer so I looked it up and posted it for debate and consideration. Isn't that what this forum is all about?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
someone break this down so I can understand it better...What is it..??and how dose it work ??:joke:

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
someone break this down so I can understand it better...What is it..??and how dose it work ??:joke:

Which one do you need an explanation on Emmett :?: :?: :?: There three or four subjects going on now in this thread...:22yikes:

·
Banned
2,871 Posts

Hi Emmitt, glad the Doc said you're doin' good.

The discussion centers around balancing the tires on a Trike. The standard method of removing each tire/wheel assembly and having them balanced on a tire/wheel balancing machine with external weights applied to the outside or inside of the rim of each wheel in the precise location as to attain proper balance.

Other methods involve putting a balancing agent like a liquid or Beads inside which self balances the tire. Stumpy out there in 'BIG BULL' country (Iowa) prefers Campbells Tomato Soup. With this method some feel it is more accurate and you don't have unsightly external weights stuck all over your wheel.

Either way a properly balanced wheel/tire assembly will wear better and ride smoother.

Having said all this and admitting that I am not an expert in this field by any means. Please don't take my word for it............. or google www.ITBE/nophdnec.org

Which stands for: International Tire Balancing Experts / no PHD necessary!

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
thanks............

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
George lets start a rumor that its oil based and now we can add oil to the thread.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts