GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never learned how to copy someones post and have it highlighted while I comment on it. For example....John Doe wrote: so on and so on. How is this done. OK so I'm not a PC whiz, thanks in advance

·
Chard Member
13,050 Posts
ElBando said:
How is this done. OK so I'm not a PC whiz, thanks in advance
Just hit the "quote" icon(?) in the persons post. You can then delete what you don't want in the quote or quote the whole posting.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
ElBando said:
I never learned how to copy someones post and have it highlighted while I comment on it. For example....John Doe wrote: so on and so on. How is this done. OK so I'm not a PC whiz, thanks in advance
See the "quote" tab at the top right of my post? Click on it and it does the rest.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
ElBando said:
If this is what you are wanting to do it's pretty easy. If you look in the upper right corner of the message you are reading you will see a "Quote" button. Click on it and see what happens. You can then type what you want below the quote. Use the preview button below to see how it looks.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just hit the "quote" icon(?) in the persons post. You can then delete what you don't want in the quote or quote the whole posting.[/quote]

You mean like this? ( I hope this works)

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Red said:
ElBando said:
How is this done. OK so I'm not a PC whiz, thanks in advance
Just hit the "quote" icon(?) in the persons post. You can then delete what you don't want in the quote or quote the whole posting.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hang on, I'm getting closer

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just hit the "quote" icon(?) in the persons post. You can then delete what you don't want in the quote or quote the whole posting

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just hit the "quote" icon(?) in the persons post. You can then delete what you don't want in the quote or quote the whole posting.[/quote]

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I must be doing something wrong yet. I do push the persons quote button and it takes me to the quote block but from there I'm lost. I think I'll go to the board that is just for practice...thanks.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
After you punch the quote button and the posting screen appears, hit your enter key before you start your reply.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CJS said:
ElBando said:
If this is what you are wanting to do it's pretty easy. If you look in the upper right corner of the message you are reading you will see a "Quote" button. Click on it and see what happens. You can then type what you want below the quote. Use the preview button below to see how it looks.
I think I did it finally...thanks for the help everybody

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
ElBando said:
I must be doing something wrong yet. I do push the persons quote button and it takes me to the quote block but from there I'm lost. I think I'll go to the board that is just for practice...thanks.
Nah you are just tired...LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bulldog said:
ElBando said:
Nah you are just tired...LOL

Bulldog
One more time for practice........

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Bulldog, is synthetic 80w lube approved for the Wings final drive. Someone told me it wasn't. I didn't believe him but want to be sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts