GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello;

I am in need of some help.

I have access to a balancing machine:thumbup:, once I have the tire mounted. Once I have checked my balance; and if there is a need to add the beads will I have to rebrake the seal of the tire from the rim to put the Dyna Beads in or will they fit through the valve stem with the valve removed?

Next question, where can I buy the beads:confused:?

I am putting on the Dunlop DSST 175/60/16 and looking forward to a new adventure:excited:.

Thanks for any help you can give me.:bow::bow::bow:

John

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From a local tire store. $190 + tax. But I saved on shipping. The store is called Tire Mart in Harrisburg, Pa.

Thanks for the help.

John

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hello;

I am in need of some help.

I have access to a balancing machine:thumbup:, once I have the tire mounted. Once I have checked my balance; and if there is a need to add the beads will I have to rebrake the seal of the tire from the rim to put the Dyna Beads in or will they fit through the valve stem with the valve removed?

Next question, where can I buy the beads:confused:?

I am putting on the Dunlop DSST 175/60/16 and looking forward to a new adventure:excited:.

Thanks for any help you can give me.:bow::bow::bow:

John

no, you don't have to break the tire down if it is already mounted on the rim. probably be easier to put them in before the tire is mounted. I have bolt in chrome valve stems front and rear and had no problem at all putting them in through the valve stems.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Dyna Beads from Mounting Innovations

John,

We are a Dyna Beads dealer and RAM Mount dealer located in Austin.

Call us at 512-699-8611 and we will be glad to get you what you need.

Barry

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
The beads can be a bit aggravating the first time you deal with them. We all have to learn, but with the bottle and little section of tubing when they get stuck in the valve stem all you have to do is bounce the tire a bit on the garage floor and they will unclog and go on in, once you get the right speed down they will flow right though the stem, and when not just bounce the tire again.

Might be wise to carry a stem valve tool just in case. One time I did have one of the beads get stuck under the valve stem core seat. No way that tire was holding any air, until I removed the core and got rid of the little bead and then aired the tire back up. Doe not happen often, and has only done that to me one time.

Kit

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
The dyna beads are very easy to put in after the tire has been installed. When you buy the beads get the intallation kit (bottle & tube) Just don't try to dump them in fast. Take the valve core out and go very slow. Tap the valve stem with a screwdriver or something of the sort if they get clogged and you will be able to judge the flow speed very easily. I clogged the stem once and after that it was easy to determine if I needed to slow the flow or speed it up. No more wheel weights on my wing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts