GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought jacket liner earlier in the week, so we went to the shop last night to have the wife try both pants to see which one worked the best for her.

Neither got warm on the ride (15 minute) or even when we just sat there with the bike running and not moving.

The jacket liner was very hot but little to no heat on either pants.

So who has these and have you experienced the same as us. I assumed they would get as warm or hot as the jacket liner but not true.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I have not got my pants yet but they should be half as hot as the jacket liner. The jacket is 77 wats and you pants, gloves, and socks are 44 wats

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John I seen that 77 vs 44 watts. It was 46 degress yesterday and they where not even warm.

·
Registered
20,941 Posts
i have the pants and like someone already said they don't put out as much heat as the jacket but i can deffinately feel it, u did remember to plug the pants into the jacket ?
i also have the socks and have forgotten to plug them into the pants a few times, get going down the road and notice no heat in the socks so have to stop and plug them in :oops: :oops: :oops:

lots of folks choose to use dual controls so they can controll each piece of clothing separately but a single control works fine for me

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep they were plug in check them a couple of times as I said no heat not sure thay are worth the cost.

·
Registered
20,941 Posts
jamie said:
Yep they were plug in check them a couple of times as I said no heat not sure thay are worth the cost.
something must b wrong somewhere, maybe try them without the jacket, u sure should b able to feel the heet, good luck i hope u get it working

·
Road Warrior
1,322 Posts
Jami, I have both the union ridge and the liners. I hated the union ridge, never got hot enough. I wear the liners with a snug base layer of a sweat wicking material(full length leggings), then the liner, then long underwear, then my safety gear. I use to just wear the long underwear, the liners and then jeans. Both combinations keep me warm down into the 30's many times. The liners have to be snug to work right and they work a lot better when you have a windproof layer over them. Sheila

·
Registered
621 Posts
Keep us posted on what you find out on the union ridge pants.I was thinking about getting a pair for my wife.I stopped at a BMW shop today who is a Gerbing dealer but he only carried the liners.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Yes, something is definitely wrong. The Gerbing pants liner will get just as warm as the jacket liner and if you have the controller set on Hi, you had better either be in very cold weather or you are going to get pretty dang warm. Check to see you are good getting connections with a multimeter to insure you are getting power to your pants liner, or if possible then try another harness or on another bike with the same plug-in adapter. I myself have the Gerbing liners (and and all their other items) and give them a strong recommendation. They also have a lifetime warranty so if problems like prop up they are going to take are of you. If still no luck then try another set of pant liners as something is wrong somewhere.

DaleC

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Sheila getting any riding in? Looks like mine is getting to the end next 4 weeks out traveling brings us to late Nov... How warm do your pant liners get? as hot as the jacket as DaleC said. I would think with less watts it would not get that warm.

My wife wants to for go them as we tried them both (the liner Union) and they do not get warm enough for the wife.

I understand they are only 44 watts which is a third less then the jacket but, I would think they would be warm to the touch and then get hot enough that you could not touch them very long by a bare hand which was not the case in either. The gal at the store hooked both pairs up to their display power unit and was the same thing.

I just ohm hers and mine both the same about 1.7

Still might try to get her to try again the gal at the store said she would order her another pair.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Take them back! They should have as much heat as the Jacket. If not, what is the use in having them? Something isn't right.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Toyo you took it the wrong way the jack has a thrid more more wattage then the pants

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
If the jacket is 77 and the pants are 44 then where are you getting a thrid less from. Or am I just still asleep here?

·
Registered
261 Posts
My experience has been that when the jacket and pants are hooked together the pants don't get as warm as the jacket. That's why I opted for the dual controller you get more granular than whith them both connected in the same controller. BUT to test this theory and make sure that YOUR pants are working just plug the pants in and see.

FF

1 - 15 of 15 Posts