GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the pads be changed to make the size larger/smaller?:shrug:
I found a great deal on a pair of medium helmets on line, but I think a medium would be too big for the wife, and too small for me. No place to call on the weekend, so I am hoping someone knows, before the deal gets away.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Can the pads be changed to make the size larger/smaller?:shrug:
I found a great deal on a pair of medium helmets on line, but I think a medium would be too big for the wife, and too small for me. No place to call on the weekend, so I am hoping someone knows, before the deal gets away.

Thanks
No. I have the same problem with my N102 NCom. It fit fine when I got it, but packed out enough over the next several months to where it's a bit too loose on my head. I contacted the national distributor, whose name I seem to have forgotten, and asked them, and they said there is no way to interchange the pads to alter the size. Apparently each one is its own size in entirety. That must mean that the shell as well as the EPS liner is size specific.

I'm considering purchasing a different helmet, perhaps an HJC Symax II.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I purchased an N102 a while back, but I've recently noticed that my chin interferes with the chin bar, so, unfortunately, to be comfortable, I ride with the chin bar down, but unlocked. I know it isn't safe, but......

·
Registered
555 Posts
Give Sierra electronics a call. They sell replacement cheek pads. They can probably try different combinations for you. When I have changed pads on previous helmets smaller sized helemts had bigger(thicker) pads than larger helmets.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My better half wanted the sides of her N102 to feel more tight/secure. I used some thin foam I bought at Wallyworld and cut some pieces out and placed it between the existing pad and the styrofoam. Worked like a champ to give her more cushion. Just a suggestion.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts