GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have listed my Wing for sale on this board and Cycle trader as well.

My question is, I seem to be getting quite a few e mails from Cycle trader regarding buyers wishing to have represenatives in this country purchase the bike for export to different countries in Europe.
Should I be wary of any type of scams if I decide to deal with someone not in the US or Canada?

Could really use you input.

Thanks as always,

Ken

·
Registered
747 Posts
Scam alert. :no: :rat:

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Wouldn't even bother... Unless you are an international financeer with connections everywhere, I wouldn't do it..
Never heard of a successful transaction..

·
Registered
994 Posts
PunkinWing said:
Wouldn't even bother... Unless you are an international financeer with connections everywhere, I wouldn't do it..
Normally I would agree but a friend sold a Rune to a broker in Ireland through cycle trader. The broker said he usually dealt with Harleys but had a customer that wanted a Rune. Friend was cautious and went through his banker. They had the monies wired to his account before the bike moved. The broker then sent a transporter to pick the bike up. The transaction went smooth.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
ken33026 said:
I have listed my Wing for sale on this board and Cycle trader as well.

My question is, I seem to be getting quite a few e mails from Cycle trader regarding buyers wishing to have represenatives in this country purchase the bike for export to different countries in Europe.
Should I be wary of any type of scams if I decide to deal with someone not in the US or Canada?

Could really use you input.

Thanks as always,

Ken

AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS !!!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Jim n Judy said:
PunkinWing said:
Normally I would agree but a friend sold a Rune to a broker in Ireland through cycle trader. The broker said he usually dealt with Harleys but had a customer that wanted a Rune. Friend was cautious and went through his banker. They had the monies wired to his account before the bike moved. The broker then sent a transporter to pick the bike up. The transaction went smooth.
Damn, now I know of one!! :lol:

G

·
I know of quite a few bikes that have sold out of the country. But demand a wire transfer to your bank account before you do anything. Check with your banker and ask him what he can advise to help.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
YES. Be very wary. I do not even reply to questions from out of country. You have very limited recourse outside the US.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Well, consenses is RUN, RUN like the wind away from these type of sells!!!

I saw your bike, and it is nice for the price. I am sure someone here in Florida will snatch it up in a short time...Give it a chance in US first, unless of course, you need money quick, and even then, for what I have heard, the paper the money order you receive is not worth the paper its printed on from those great deals overseas...Canada not included!!! :lol:

Now with that said, I am not keen on giving anyone my banking account number either for inputing money either. Some how, some way, they will use that number against me is what I am always thinking. :idea:

These thiefts are getting smarter and smater...

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I would agree with what others have said about demanding a wire transfer and your bank can help with that.

They will supply the routing numbers and can verify that funds are on deposit before the bike leaves your sight.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you get the money by wire transfer to your bank, or arrange for the representative to give you the cash, what's the problem ? I've bought two trikes from the US and had them shipped back to the UK, the first was with wire transfer direct to Motor Trike and (apart from a shipping problem) it went smoothly. Th second I purchased the bike from a dealer by Mastercard, then got it converted, again paid by Mastercard then shipped it myself, again no problem. If you get a buyer asking a question about any bike verify who they are, see who they know (GWRRA Member etc.) and take it from there, if the money is in your possession before the bike moves, what's the problem ?

G

·
Texastrike said:
If you get the money by wire transfer to your bank, or arrange for the representative to give you the cash, what's the problem ? I've bought two trikes from the US and had them shipped back to the UK, the first was with wire transfer direct to Motor Trike and (apart from a shipping problem) it went smoothly. Th second I purchased the bike from a dealer by Mastercard, then got it converted, again paid by Mastercard then shipped it myself, again no problem. If you get a buyer asking a question about any bike verify who they are, see who they know (GWRRA Member etc.) and take it from there, if the money is in your possession before the bike moves, what's the problem ?
Whats the problem?

Credit cards can be disputed and funds taken away.

Cashiers Checks can be fraudulent.

Even Paypal can be put in dispute and funds returned.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I sold to a Canadian. The deal was cash in advance and a written agreement that the buyer was totally responsible for any and all export/import requirements, fees and taxes. I agreed to store the bike for two weeks while he made the arrangements, but it was paid for up front.

Carl

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.