GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK there are some who gripe about something being in the wrong "catagory". When I get on I go to the New Post section because, well thats where the activiy is all bunched together. I could understand these complaints if one only looked at the board they wanted, but as for me I like looking where the activity is and don't usually pay a lot of attention as to the actual board it is posted.
So, since our board designer has added this feature that by the way I believe to be nice, Do any of you just go to certain boards and avoid others?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I read the General and the Tech. I also check the classified and the trailer board. The Off topic and Hotbox is dominated by a handful of people and it takes me about three days of rain to get bored enough to look there. So I just look at the boards that interest me. I also stop reading any topics that become arguments.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I, like you just go to the new posts section.

·
Registered
611 Posts
The "New Posts" tab is not a forum unto itself, but a convenient search that show all new posts in each forum since you last logged on. If you look closely, you will see the post subject along with which forum it was posted under.

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
Ok.....been meaning to ask this. What/where is the hotbox? I've looked and can't find it:shrug:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Near the top of the page you'll see a line with the following:

"User CP" "Home" "Forums" "FlashChat" "FAQ" "Member List" "Calendar" "New Posts" "Search" "Quick Links" "Log Out".

These are all links. Click on the one you want.

R

·
0 Posts
OK there are some who gripe about something being in the wrong "catagory". When I get on I go to the New Post section because, well thats where the activiy is all bunched together. I could understand these complaints if one only looked at the board they wanted, but as for me I like looking where the activity is and don't usually pay a lot of attention as to the actual board it is posted.
So, since our board designer has added this feature that by the way I believe to be nice, Do any of you just go to certain boards and avoid others?
One of my gun forums fixed this problem rather easily. The first forum is the forum most post in. Simply move the OTE to the top and use it as the first forum here. All the off the wall threads will then end up where it's suppose to.

H

·
0 Posts
Ok.....been meaning to ask this. What/where is the hotbox? I've looked and can't find it:shrug:
Go to the Off Topic board, and at the top of the board is a Hotbox board. Either that, or at the bottom of most any page, use the drop-down menu, Hotbox is a subtitle under the Off Topic.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Hotbox is dominated by a handful of people
:agree:

The ones that are there all the time, are like a bunch of old women talking about their menopause .... one has to out do the other !!

I call that group the "MMCJ" (Male Menopause Circle Jerk Group) with one well known guy as the pivot man.

I feel all political stuff needs to be in the OTB or hot box. I'm glad there is a hot box, that way we don't have to put up with all that crap in the other forums. That's if people will remember that's where it belongs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts