GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jsut completed the install of these lights. They work great. But I am wondering about the connections of the wires to the stick-on lighted panels. The left ones are just sort of hanging out there and not very well supported and I fear that they will soon break just due to being moved by the wind and vibration. Did I miss something in the install? What did you do to secure these connections from movement ? :?: Thanks, :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rick, I am going to order the Rivco instrument lights for my 03 wing. Let me know how it works out for you in the end. :?:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeff, thanks for posting the photo. Mine looks just the same, I was worried about the very end of the light panel where the plug connection is. It looks like it would break if it was subjected to much movement. But if you have 10,000 miles on it and all is well, I should not worry. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Mine look the same as Jeff's photo except I put a very small cable tie around the heatshrinked connectors from the top and bottom parts, where they cross over each other. You can see that crossover clearly in Jeff's photo. The cable tie locks everything together and made the connections much more rigid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts