GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had it with this minus 25 c rap.

Can someone with a trailer and tiedowns give me the dimensions from point A to points B and C? I have to get the trailer ready, but my forks aren't back for the bike so I can't test load. Thanks

View attachment 941

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have a Condor wheel chock in a 6x10 enclosed trailer. Here's what works great for me:

Points B & D are actually only about 6" forward of the horizontal line you drew through point A. They are located 56" apart from side to side. I assume your point A is the front tire contact patch. I only partially compress the forks with the front straps (no more than half way).

I actually have 6 tie down rings in my trailer which are laid out like the pockets in a billiard table. I only use the the forward 4 rings to tie down the wing. The middle rings are approximately 46" behind the front rings (B & D) and work great for tying to the frame under the side covers, as shown in the link S&W Winger provided. These two straps to the frame basically carry all of the load. I use Powertye Fat Straps. These things are awesome. http://www.powertye.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=90. I didn't buy the black and orange set though ;)

I don't bother to tie down in the rear at all. Haven't had a need to. The bike never budges from its original position.

Probably hard to follow without a diagram. PM me if you need further info - maybe I can e-mail a diagram or pic.

Maybe we'll have to get together for a ride some day. Lots of awesome roads in and near your neck of the woods. :thumbup:

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Condor wheel chock in a 6x10 enclosed trailer. Here's what works great for me:

Points B & D are actually only about 6" forward of the horizontal line you drew through point A. They are located 56" apart from side to side. I assume your point A is the front tire contact patch. I only partially compress the forks with the front straps (no more than half way).

I actually have 6 tie down rings in my trailer which are laid out like the pockets in a billiard table. I only use the the forward 4 rings to tie down the wing. The middle rings are approximately 46" behind the front rings (B & D) and work great for tying to the frame under the side covers, as shown in the link S&W Winger provided. These two straps to the frame basically carry all of the load. I use Powertye Fat Straps. These things are awesome. http://www.powertye.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=90. I didn't buy the black and orange set though ;)

I don't bother to tie down in the rear at all. Haven't had a need to. The bike never budges from its original position.

Probably hard to follow without a diagram. PM me if you need further info - maybe I can e-mail a diagram or pic.

Maybe we'll have to get together for a ride some day. Lots of awesome roads in and near your neck of the woods. :thumbup:
Doug;
Thanks, just what I was looking for.

+1 on the ride. I get to the Rockton BBQ a half dozen times for so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts