GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leading a group of 5 or six couples on a ride to Nova Scotia in mid August. Is there a central place to stay that we could take day rides to Cabot Trail, etc?
:bow:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
​Baddeck (sp) is a great spot to do day trips from and lots to see too in that area.

·
Canuck
2,824 Posts
We did the Cabot Trail two summers ago. Spent about three days exploring, although you can ride it in about four hours non-stop.

Sorry, don't have any recommendations on where to stay. Really recommend two places where we ate. The Rusty Anchor on the west side (great view dining outside). And the Chowder House in Neil's Harbour on the NE side. Both were very memorable.

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
LIKE SHADOW SAID BADDECK - GOT THERE LATE IN DAY AND STAYED IN MOTEL -WAS RAINING - DID LAUNDRY - WENT TO TOWN N GOT PIZZA ( DONT REMEMBER NAME BUT WAS ON RITE HEADIN NORTH ) GREAT FOOD ! RODE THE TRAIL -WAS IN MID 70'S SEPTEMBER AND SUNNY - DID SOME WHALE WATCHING ! ( BIG TURN OFF HAD BUSSES THERE ) CAN SEE BOATS COMING OUT MARINA'S TO TAKE PEOPLE WATCHING - TAKE SOME BINOCS UNLESS YOUR AN EAGLE ;) RODE TRAIL WEATHER WAS PERFECT UNTIL I GOT BACK TO ROOM - THEN POURED AGAIN . LEFT NEXT MORNING WAS GETTING COOLER N SLIGHT DRIZZLE . BELEIVE NICKNAME IS " THE ROCK ". WAS TOLD TO DRIVE DOWN TO LITTLE VILLAGES ( THERES LOOP ROADS ) HAD TO WATCH ROAD HOLES :eek:4: AND REALLY COULDNT SPEND TIME SITE SEEING ! SUPPOSED TO BE GREAT SEAFOOD PLACES THERE ! ( I'M A BURGER GUY ) GOOD LUCK PRETTY COUNTRY . MAKE SURE YOU HAVE GAS WHEN YOU START OUT . MILES = SMILES

·
Registered
102 Posts
Try covemotel.com

We have stayed at the Cove motel and restaurant on two trips to the Cabot trail. From this location you can do the entire Cabot Trail in a day ... A long day. Very clean small cabins and a good restaurant on site. We liked it so much on first trip we stayed there the following year.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
If you are coming mid Aug then you'll be ok for motels, Aug1-4 is Thunder in the Highlands with several thousand bikes so motel vacancies get scarce, but I'd still book a month or so in advance. Lots to see and do in Cape Breton, we have stayed a few times at the Mid Trail motel in Pleasant Bay, great spot with a good restaurant. They have a second building with I believe six rooms (mountain view) and opposite those rooms is a shelter with a stone fireplace, great spot for a cold beer around the fire after a day of riding.
Take you time and visit some of the small villages, Meat Cove is one and of course Fort Louisburg is a must see. Also a stop at the Costal Restaurant & Pub in Ingonish for a bite and get your Epic Ride T-shirt.
Order you Motorcycle Tour guide ASAP http://www.motorcycletourguidens.com/ Written for bikers by bikers.

Drop me a PM if you have any questions.

Check a few of these links.
http://www.cbisland.com/
http://capebretonisland.com/tripplanner/
http://midtrail.com/

·
Registered
994 Posts
LIKE SHADOW SAID BADDECK - GOT THERE LATE IN DAY AND STAYED IN MOTEL -WAS RAINING - DID LAUNDRY - WENT TO TOWN N GOT PIZZA ( DONT REMEMBER NAME BUT WAS ON RITE HEADIN NORTH ) GREAT FOOD ! RODE THE TRAIL -WAS IN MID 70'S SEPTEMBER AND SUNNY - DID SOME WHALE WATCHING ! ( BIG TURN OFF HAD BUSSES THERE ) CAN SEE BOATS COMING OUT MARINA'S TO TAKE PEOPLE WATCHING - TAKE SOME BINOCS UNLESS YOUR AN EAGLE ;) RODE TRAIL WEATHER WAS PERFECT UNTIL I GOT BACK TO ROOM - THEN POURED AGAIN . LEFT NEXT MORNING WAS GETTING COOLER N SLIGHT DRIZZLE . BELEIVE NICKNAME IS " THE ROCK ". WAS TOLD TO DRIVE DOWN TO LITTLE VILLAGES ( THERES LOOP ROADS ) HAD TO WATCH ROAD HOLES :eek:4: AND REALLY COULDNT SPEND TIME SITE SEEING ! SUPPOSED TO BE GREAT SEAFOOD PLACES THERE ! ( I'M A BURGER GUY ) GOOD LUCK PRETTY COUNTRY . MAKE SURE YOU HAVE GAS WHEN YOU START OUT . MILES = SMILES
Newfoundland is "The Rock".Gotta take the ferry over to it.but worth the ride I'm told.Been out east 5 or 6 times ,but never made it to "The Rock" myself.

·
Canuck
2,824 Posts
Newfoundland is "The Rock".Gotta take the ferry over to it.but worth the ride I'm told.Been out east 5 or 6 times ,but never made it to "The Rock" myself.
The Rock is a great trip. Beautiful scenery, and amazing people. But it's far more than just a ferry ride. It's a complete vacation itself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts