GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in driving lights for my 2006 GL 1800. Your best looks like a winner (Platinum series), however I don't like the idea of mounting these lights on the lower cowl.

Is there a bracket available from you that will allow the mounting of your lights in the same manner as the Honda Line lights?

If not, will you consider fabricating some?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
The Honda line lights mount in the cowl area also, there is a cut out made for the lights to go. You can also mount driving lights under the front nose of the bike , there are two screws that hold the nose peice on, all you have to do is use the brakce for the lights ang get a longer screw to mount them, I have mine in BOTH places.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mudbug said:
The Honda line lights mount in the cowl area also, there is a cut out made for the lights to go. You can also mount driving lights under the front nose of the bike , there are two screws that hold the nose peice on, all you have to do is use the brakce for the lights ang get a longer screw to mount them, I have mine in BOTH places.
Are you sure? In the video installation it clearly shows that the Honda Line lights are mounted to the engine block, aimed, and then the lower cowl is reinstalled over the mounted driving lights.
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/1800foglightfitting.htm

·
Registered
636 Posts
Mounting the lights on the lower cowl is the easiest way to mount them. I've had EC lights on my bike mounted both ways and wouldn't want to go back to mounting them on the cowl for the following reasons:
The cowl mount is a clean installation that allows the light to be almost flush with the cowl opening resulting in no gap between cowl and light.
Aiming is not an issue if you have fog lights as I do.
Getting the cowl on and off the bike is easier without having to get the cowl over the lights.
I'm sure Lewis can expand on this.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Ellary said:
... I've had EC lights on my bike mounted both ways and wouldn't want to go back to mounting them on the cowl for the following reasons:....
:hun1: Perhaps you didn't mean to say "cowl"?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
cptdenny said:
Is there a bracket available from you that will allow the mounting of your lights in the same manner as the Honda Line lights?

If not, will you consider fabricating some?

Thank you in advance.
If you want, I can e-mail the eploded drawing of the old style EC Platinum brackets. PM me with your e-mail. These mount to the front of the engine and not on the lower cowl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts