GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I LIFE IN FL, GOING TO AL TO PICK UP NEW TRAILER. CAN'T GET A TAG FOR FL UNTIL I HAVE ORIGIN PAPER AND BILL OF SALE. WOULD I HAVE TO GET TEMP TAG FROM AL OR HOW DOES THIS WORK. NOT COMING STRAIGHT BACK TO FL. THANKS:shrug:

·
Banned
939 Posts
Every state is different but for many the dealer of the trailer will issue a temporary 30day transit permit for the state. If it is used and taged don't ask just do or call the local dmv and see if a temporary transit tag is even need. Also, some states title trailers some do not. If your state does and it is new make sure you get the manuafacturs origin paperwork which is not always given in non title states. Learned this the hard way when I bought a featherlight in MN and had to go back and forth over the phone and get the necessary paperwork to title in AK.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Here in AL if you have a bill of sale, you can ride for 20 days without a tag. Just keep the bill of sale handy if stopped. Don't run a tag on the trailer that is not yours. Our tags stay with the owner, not the equipment.
AL does not issue temp tags. Tell any LEO that since you bought it in AL, you will obey their laws until you get home to complete paperwork.

Enjoy

Ronnie

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
Bill of sale and all related paper work for the trailer. Should be OK unless you run across that one LEO somewhere in some obscure place in the middle of no where USA. Then offer a donation to the "Policeman's Ball" and move on!(Can't believe I said that:roll:)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Bill of sale and all related paper work for the trailer. Should be OK unless you run across that one LEO somewhere in some obscure place in the middle of no where USA. Then offer a donation to the "Policeman's Ball" and move on!(Can't believe I said that:roll:)

Policemen don't have balls! :nojoke:

Don't take offense. I have friends in LE.

Couldn't pass that up.

Ronnie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts