GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a 2006 gold wing rear wheel fit a 2012 Sorry if this is a common question I am looking at a 2005 wheel with a darkside on it

·
Chard Member
12,974 Posts
All years will fit all years. 2009 up have TPMS but the wheels will fit.

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
154 Posts
So i will need a tpm is all
Just take the TPMS sensor out of the original GenII rim . It will install and no issues, replace the mount grommet. The valve stem hold tab on the earlier GenI's is just that a hold tab to use a plastic retainer. I currently have a Gen I front on my 2012 that I had powder coated that the tpms unit has no issues. The actual sensor is read on the opposite side of the hold tab. No grinding is needed.

Enjoy.

Mount Grommet =
GROMMET, VALVE
42758-MCA-R31

·
Registered
827 Posts
So i will need a tpm is all
Depends on the darkside that is already mounted. If it is a runflat I would say absolutely yes! Otherwise you may not know you are running with no air in the tire. If it is a non- runflat then it's up to you whether you need a tpms or not. We did manage to get along for years without them. You will have to disconnect the tpms light or put up with it flashing at you all the time. That or put a piece of tape over it.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
All of the above is good info - I would only add put a new METAL valve stem in the rim before use. Personally I like an aftermarket tpms that actually shows me the pressure, not just an idiot light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts