GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there one thing you have told your wife you would never do again and then somehow you find yourself getting talked into it all over again?

Well it happened to me again this weekend. I will share mine after I read a few responses. I want to see how many guys have the same issue I have.

·
Registered
430 Posts
???

Loaning money to a relative.

I know have a new edict. If I decide the need is genuine enough I GIVE them the money and don't expect it back. If they do somehow repay it then it's a pleasant surprise.

Don Saenz
Sanger, TX

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
I told my wife I would never respond to one of your posts again.............. 8)

·
15 year Member
6,873 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
Is there one thing you have told your wife you would never do again and then somehow you find yourself getting talked into it all over again?

Well it happened to me again this weekend. I will share mine after I read a few responses. I want to see how many guys have the same issue I have.
Yea, But my Doctor said there was no way hair would grow on my palm..........

Matt(Ashland,MA) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Hal,

On my second time around, I watch what I say very closely.

I try not to make any statements with Meesh, that I am not 99.999% sure that I can fulfill.

If I have broken any comittments to here, they were small, inconsequential and reaped no back-lash.

But then again, Meesh does not put a lot of pressure on me, so She makes it easy for me.

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Call me old fashioned or naive, but I don't think it gets bigger than this. I broke a promise that I never thought I would break. I said I would never be single again...

So my answer is my promise relating to either one of us being single again. Divorce.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I promised my wife I would never take advantage of one of Hal's 10% off sale... :oops:

Seriously, I'm with bulldog. I've only been married once, but learned a LONG time ago not to answer one of "those" questions. I found it's much easier (and less volatile) to have her angry at me for now answering than to give the wrong answer.

OK, I admit, my original smart a$$ answer was going to be: "I told my wife I'd never sleep with my ex-wife again..." :lol:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My wife has gently been toying with the idea of moving closer to at least one set of grandkids - - - so Chris appears to be the winner. As we were up in South Carolina this week and bought a house. I had previously told her I was never going to move again. Too much hassle and I can never find anything after the move.

But its funny how things work out. I told my wife I would only do it if I could get a "deal". So we saw a house at the beginning of the week that was really nice with a big back yard and I couldn't get them to hardly budge on the price. It was also a for sale by owner and their inability to know how to negotiate was what blew the deal. They wanted everything their way.

My wife was upset cause she really wanted the house and I told her no chance. So we kept looking and on Saturday we went to a house that looked nice from the street. Inside was nice but just a notch below the one that she liked. Then we went out into the backyard and our eyes started spinning. A one acre backyard with about 20 trees, a nice in ground pool and a small cabana house with kitchen and bath.

I couldn't sign the paperwork fast enough. And it was only a hair higher on the price than the one she really liked.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Where you moving to in SC Hal? We might have to have a moving party for you. Nothing like have some friends over to help unpack a moving truck.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Hal,

Congrats to you and all your Family.

Family is everything.

I don't think the Mrs. will not fault you for reneging on your promise. I think in this case, you get a prize instead of a spanking...LOL

Bulldog & Meesh

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
What day ya gonna move? Aw shucks I am gonna be gone that day I'm sorry. :( :duck: Seriously I am very happy for Ya. :yes:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SC Steve said:
Where you moving to in SC Hal? We might have to have a moving party for you. Nothing like have some friends over to help unpack a moving truck.
Good ole Boiling Springs, SC.

Home of the only barber shop/taxidermy that I have ever seen.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts

Rats, I'm late. I was just going to say..."Never is an awful long time Hal."
But now that I've heard your story, what I'd really like to say is...

:biker:"Hey Everyone... Party at Hals new place!" :biker: :yes: :beer2: :beer3: :chef2: :yes: :a13:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Dream Catcher said:
[quote="Hal @ Honda Direct Line":2tz1wq2b]Is there one thing you have told your wife you would never do again and then somehow you find yourself getting talked into it all over again?

Rats, I'm late. I was just going to say..."Never is an awful long time Hal."
But now that I've heard your story, what I'd really like to say is...

:biker:"Hey Everyone... Party at Hals new place!" :biker: :yes: :beer2: :beer3: :chef2: :yes: :a13:[/quote:2tz1wq2b]

........FREE CAMPING ......FREE POOL ...FREE DOOR PRIZES....how else can I get in trouble???????? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ...chuck..........................FREE FOOD.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll:

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
I got debs on the Cabana!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Congratulations Hal!!!!! The way it goes in our house, as long as Holly is happy we are all happy. If Holly isn't happy then no one is going to be happy. LOL's
Hal, just think no more having to deal with 99% of the drivers on the road being over 90 years old.
It really sounds like you and your lovely wife have found your dream home!!! Now starts the fun part MOVING. LOL's

·
Registered
1,271 Posts

Yes - getting another animal. We are down to 6 indoor cats (from 11) and I won't be getting anymore after these "expire".

Best Regards,

Shane

1 - 20 of 26 Posts