GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a piece of broken concrete about 8" x 6" and crashed my 03 only had 3000 miles on it. Honda of Metairie has it and said it has $9700.00 of cosmetic damage, my insurance totaled it. How much should i expect? :cry:

Sal Militello
Kenner, La.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
How much did you give for it? How long have you had it? Did you buy it new or used? What are similar GL1800's selling for in your area? You should expect the blue book value of a 3 year old GL1800. $10 to $12 thousand would be my guess.

·
Registered
95 Posts
sorry to hear about the crash. hope you're alright.

assuming non-abs... low retail is around 9 and high retail is around 12. anything 12 or over and i wouldn't complain. if you have extras be sure and get reimbursed for those separately and above the base value for the bike.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Wrecked my '03 ABS last December in a from-behind collision with a pickup. Progressive gave me $17790 with no argument. With what I got for the stripped carcase, the replacement '06 ABS was free and clear.

Seems your insurance guy is seriously shorting you..IMHO.

Ride long and safe..and good luck.

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
North Florida said:
Wrecked my '03 ABS last December in a from-behind collision with a pickup. Progressive gave me $17790 with no argument. With what I got for the stripped carcase, the replacement '06 ABS was free and clear.

Seems your insurance guy is seriously shorting you..IMHO.

Ride long and safe..and good luck.

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6
Good info, John.
How are you doing anyhow? I was hoping that you and some of the boys would've ridden up for Wingstock. The colors were amazing this year...

·
Registered
2,547 Posts

·
Fire Eating Member
6,472 Posts
Sorry to hear you had an accident... glad you will be ok... check
either KellyBlueBook.com or NADA.com... they both should have retail as well as wholesale/trade in prices...IMHO they should give you retail for your bike... if not... ask to talk to the head adjustor... sometime it will help

cosmic

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They offered $10975.00 and i keep the bike so i'am going to sell it as is $5000.00, Honda said i can replace the front tire and rim and ride it away, all the damage is to the crash bars and scrapes on saddle bags and farring.The bike only has 3000 miles on it.

Sal Militello
Kenner, la.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.