GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for someone that has purchased or can touch and measure the arms of the Add-On ADD-18548A pegs. I want to know how long the arms are. I found a picture of some mounted and used the valve cover bolt holes to find the scale of the picture and ran the calculations. I came up with about 7.3", but I would like to be sure before I order. I have had Kuryakyn with the longer arms and was pleased enough with them to not look for others, but not enough to buy them again.

http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=1461&str=4&ID=477952483

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I have a short arm Kuryakin with their wide pegs and a clamp on mount. Brand new. If you would like them for $100 they are yours.

Let me know: [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wingman57 said:
I have a short arm Kuryakin with their wide pegs and a clamp on mount. Brand new. If you would like them for $100 they are yours.

Let me know: [email protected]

Thanks!

I will only mount on the vertical bar as I go fast and lean hard. I have worn down stock pegs enough that they could cut (ordering new steps and bolts was cheaper than buying new socks all the time). The Kury mounts that will actually go on the vertical bar require the longer arms to have any hope of getting a foot on them unless you have a 38" inseam or longer. I was just able to use them, but wanted something just a little closer. These Add-On's seem to be the best hope for that.
Thanks,

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hey DDL,
The brackets are 8.25 inches center to center on the holes.

I modified mine by adding another register hole in the clamp
so they would run parallel to the engine.
I placed them so the large clamp bolt nests into one of the engine cover recesses.
I replaced the clamp bolts with stainless and added the chrome acorn nut on the outside.
They are mounted on the parallel case tube,
as I had them mounted on the vertical of the 02
and never could get comfortable where the pegs ended up.
Now the pegs fall exactly where my feet feel good.
The case guard slopes up very slightly towards the rear,
so having them clamped farther back on the tube helps to
minimize the loss of ground clearance. I have the full Traxxion Suspension
and with the added height I don't think I'll have a problem with the approximate 1/4 inch I lose.
I put the plywood board across at an angle and the foot pegs hit "Big time" before the clamp on the case guard.
You probably didn't want to hear all that.
But, :cry: it get's so lonely when the winter comes :cry:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
Kury makes a model that mounts on horizontal or verticle with 2" arms. Great for stretching out and it works with Mick O Pegs. I think they are called# 7980 Longhorns. They have to be tightened a little more than the standard Kurys because of the smaller 1" bracket. The standard Kurys require a bend in the knee and were not comfortable to me

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dream Catcher said:
Hey DDL,
The brackets are 8.25 inches center to center on the holes.

DC
Now if I had seen that picture, I would have easily come up with about 8" length. The tiny picture I had introduced enough error in measuring to leave the calculation an inch short. It was that error potential that I wanted a more exact length. An error the other way would have made them the same as the long arm Kury’s. I guess I will be ordering a set sometime soon.....

Thanks,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts