GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on upgrading from a SPIII to a 2720 and am wondering what Kennedy wiring, etc I can reuse and what I have to purchase. I have a Kennedy 95198 SingleSet, 95201 Power Harness, 95203 Inercom Harness and 95207 Device Harness. Since the Kennedy cables are modular, can I still use the singleset and intercom harness? I'll keep my RAM mount, but it looks like I will need a new cradle. I am hoping I won't have to remove the top shelter or seat to run power to the unit. Any help/suggestions will be appreciated .. Sue

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Jon @ Goldwing Gadgets can provide you the #'s of the proper connectors and since yours are modular that will help. I went from the SPIII to a 2610 and the power/audio cord is totally different and also made up my own wiring loom that combined my Kennedy DUAL set, XM, and GPS. There's an article on it in the archives here. You shouldn't have to remove the top shelter, but you will have remove the seat to run power back to the battery area. Just power the item from your power plug under the left fairing pocket UNLESS you want the GPS to be on 24/7. In that case us a piece of baling or coat hanger wire to "fish" you wire under the shelter back to the battery area. BTW, that's what I did as I want the GPS on 24/7 unless I manually turn it off.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
(Did you not receive my e-mail?)

If you're OK with switched power, all you will need is the 95211 2720 device harness. It'll connect in place of the SP3 cable, and as you said, you'll need a new cradle (either the Garmin M/C cradle or the RAM-HOL-GA9U version) for the GPS itself.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Jon, I didn't receive you email and figured you were too busy to answer mine or it was lost when I lost Windows XP and had to switch to this laptop until I have time to troubleshoot the problem. I want to go to 24/7 power, looks like I will need the 95299 power harness and the fuse (1A3AG) if that isn't part of it. Fishing the wire sounds good, removing the top shelter is always a last resort :lol:
.. Sue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts