GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of the run flat(prefer to try the run flat variety) tires people use?

What tire pressure do you usually run at?

Are places that sell car tires generally able to install them on a Goldwing rim or do you need to go to a bike shop?

Thinking of going to the darkside since I have a spare rim to try it on.

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
See my bold comments below.

What are some of the run flat(prefer to try the run flat variety) tires people use? I use Pirelli [email protected] Others use Kumhos or Dunlops.

What tire pressure do you usually run at? Anywhere from 28 to 36 psi.

Are places that sell car tires generally able to install them on a Goldwing rim or do you need to go to a bike shop? That is where I take mine. $5 and a $5 tip and I am set!

Thinking of going to the darkside since I have a spare rim to try it on.
Nothing but your time to lose and much to gain.

Let us know if you need any guidance and also check out my FAQ in my sig line.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I need to know the size also.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Be aware that a car place will not be able to balance it.

Many just use the Dynabeads that rebalance the tire every time it gets past about 20 mph.

You will also need to take them the rim that is off the bike. If they ask, tell them it's for a trike or a sidecar.

Kudos for going run-flat....the safest way to roll.:thumbup:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Be sure to let us know which one you choose!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow I checked on the Pirell eufori RF , got a quote of $315 for the H rated and $335 for the V rated. There aren't any local kumho dealers. Anyone know the name of the Dunlop model?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wow I checked on the Pirell eufori RF , got a quote of $315 for the H rated and $335 for the V rated. There aren't any local kumho dealers. Anyone know the name of the Dunlop model?
$156.00 on Tire rack. Even with shipping to Canada it would be less expensive than your local prices.. Might be worth a trip to the US and do it here. Lot's of Darksiders in Wisconsin with cookies I hear.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...wall=Blackwall&partnum=955HR6EUFORI&tab=Sizes

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I would also look at the Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ROF. $139.00 on Tire Rack. Mine was delivered yesterday for my wife's Zamboni:joke: and has better looking sipeing and tread then my Kumho or Pirelli did. Now to get the "plugged" NRF off my spare rim and get it mounted.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
$156.00 on Tire rack. Even with shipping to Canada it would be less expensive than your local prices.. Might be worth a trip to the US and do it here. Lot's of Darksiders in Wisconsin with cookies I hear.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...wall=Blackwall&partnum=955HR6EUFORI&tab=Sizes
Only one Darksider with Darksider cookies :thumbup: and the are yours for the pick up!! I would love to help hook anybody up to get on the Darkside !! I do it all the time. I get so many tires delivered here UPS dude has my dog trained to shake hands for snacks :nojoke: PM me if anybody wants help !! I can mount tires for ya also in shop!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts