GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have been there....is the vendor/display area outside in tents or is it inside an enclosed area? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Last time I was there a few years ago, it was in tents.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Tents, and it can be hot and crowded, also.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Answer:

At the tour expo the vendor area is outside. Vendors have their areas set up with tarps/open tents...some are in trailers with canopies etc

The large tent is no more.

THe other vendor area is at the Convention Center, just up the hill...it is air conditioned

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I was told that the vender area at the top of the hill will not be open this year. That leaves the main area and Warrensburg on Rte. 9 as the only Wing expos that I know of.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
why would you go to Americade ?

Go to Cats-Cade and have a ton more fun.

Tuesday and Wednesday at Americade is all right, but Thursday-Sunday is squid/hot car night.

Its, not like the old days when it was about Motorcycle Touring :frown:

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
I was told that the vender area at the top of the hill will not be open this year. That leaves the main area and Warrensburg on Rte. 9 as the only Wing expos that I know of.
You might be right. I looked on their site and all it says about vendors is that it has been expanded at Million Dollar Beach. I never cared for the pavilion that much anyway.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
why would you go to Americade ?

Go to Cats-Cade and have a ton more fun.

Tuesday and Wednesday at Americade is all right, but Thursday-Sunday is squid/hot car night.

Its, not like the old days when it was about Motorcycle Touring :frown:
Stop being such a party pooper or we'll throw you iin a bar somewhere. I'm going to both.

·
Registered
223 Posts
At the tour expo the vendor area is outside. Vendors have their areas set up with tarps/open tents...some are in trailers with canopies etc

The large tent is no more.

THe other vendor area is at the Convention Center, just up the hill...it is air conditioned[/quote

The large tent at the beach location went away when some of the smaller vendors were moved to the Forum location. Now the Forum is no more, so everyone will be back at the beach, and, hopefully, so will the tent!!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
The convention center is no more. I heard that they are moving all the venders that were in the center to the million dollar beach venders site. Should be really crowded there!!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info everybody, my question has been answered. Maybe I should stop at Cats-cade. Can I just stop by or do I have to give advance warning....I mean notice?

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Thanks for the info everybody, my question has been answered. Maybe I should stop at Cats-cade. Can I just stop by or do I have to give advance warning....I mean notice?
naaaa, just stop in. Unless you want Saturday night dinner, then you'll need a 'reservation/advanced' notice.........just so there is enough food:thumbup:

if your looking to stay the night (Friday or Saturday) you'll need a room, and I think they are all booked up, but I could be wrong:joke::shrug:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts