GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Cats Cade will be my first trip with my trailer where I'm not staying with friends or relatives, what does everyone do with their trailer while in the local area?

I know I could leave it attached to the bike, but I would sure like to leave it somewhere (after unpacking at the Days Inn) I know it would be safe. What do you experts recommend?

Looking for ideas/suggestions from those who have done this sort of thing before.

Bartman

·
Registered
442 Posts
I am going to leave mine in the parking space at the Days Inn. Figure I will lock the coupling and if they want it that bad they can have it.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Where ever we go I just leave the trailer locked up at the motel. I have NEVER EVER had any problems doing so. Most people that pull trailers also do this.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
dtbmjax - aka Bartman, please feel free to attach it to my bike. I have a hitch, and will be sure to look after it for you. :wink:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
dtbmjax - aka Bartman said:
I would sure like to leave it somewhere (after unpacking at the Days Inn) I know it would be safe.

Bartman
Bring it on out to Fireman's Park and Cable lock to a tree, We'll watch it for you.

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses all.

Wheels, I just might take you up on that offer. NOT! :D

Bartman

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
I left mine at the hotel for 2-3 days last year and no problems. No chains either. It helps to have a bottom line trailer as well.

·
Registered
668 Posts
BEEN TO BOTH PREVIOUS CATS-CADE. I JUST PUT MY BUSHTEC IN A PARKING SPOT COVERED IT. NO ONE EVER MESSED WITH IT. I'VE DONE THE SAME AT AMERICADE ALSO.

·
Registered
621 Posts
When at the motel I usually chain the trailer to a pole or tree.This way i always have a parking space when I come back after a days riding. :D

·
Registered
429 Posts
STEALTH CRUISER said:
When at the motel I usually chain the trailer to a pole or tree.This way i always have a parking space when I come back after a days riding. :D
Me too. I made up a long cable from Home Depot parts and chain to a light standard or tree.

·
Registered
412 Posts
beer

here ya go...

fill it with beer, leave it unlocked and you'll have a bunch of folks keep a close eye on it for you... heck I'll even watch it for a while.

enjoy the ride,
Royal

:beer3:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Re: beer

royal said:
here ya go...

fill it with beer, leave it unlocked and you'll have a bunch of folks keep a close eye on it for you... heck I'll even watch it for a while.

enjoy the ride,
Royal

You forgot ICE keep that Beer Cold 8)

·
Registered
756 Posts
I just left mine in the Days Inn parking lot with a lock on the hitch. Of course my trailer is so ugly I don't believe anyone would want it.
Seriously, chain it to a tree or pole if that makes you feel better. The idea of leaving it at Firemans park is a good one. Always someone there.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
It is a nice area, left mine there with no worries. Just put a lock on the hitch section. To many eyesballs around, with two glass windowed resturants across the street too.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
At other rallies that my wife and I have attended, we've always found another trailer that we locked ours to with a cable lock and above all, with the other rider's permission. Made them feel secure as well.

At locations where this was not available, I've always found a tree or a light post to cable lock my trailer. Knock on wood, I've never had a problem.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I left my bushtec in a parking spot at ocean city md bike week last fall,when i came back 4 harleys were parked in my spot and my trailor was parked up on the side walk,i thought that was pretty low to do that to another biker,my first instinct was to teach them a lesson but then cooler heads prevaled(the wife) and i left it alone !!!OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Bartman,

Last year we lost a total of 6 Bushtec's, 2 Tailwinds and 1 Escapade.

In addition, the contents of two other trailers was greatly diminished. (Ask CJ and Hedo...LOL)

Truth be known, Even though this is NY, Security has not been a issue.

No, we did not lose any trailers or contents (without the owners knowledge)...LOL

Dawg

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Good reason to make my first posting since I joined.
My wife and I travel all over with our Wing and trailer in tow. When we stop somewhere for a couple days we just unhook and cable lock our trailer to the nearest tree or light post. We've been to many places, and have never had a problem. We will be at Cats-Cade also and I plan on doing the same thing. We bought several cable locks from Lowe's and they work just fine.
We're looking forward to meeting a lot of you at Cats-Cade. And also at Honda Hoot. This will be our first year for both

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Re: beer

royal said:
here ya go...

enjoy the ride,
Royal

do they have Yuengling Lager in N.Y. :?: :?: :?:
I'll fill my trailer :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts