GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed out both my front brakes today. Cleaned the calipers before I pushed them in. Install went very well. Also bled all the brake lines. Rides and brakes like new.

I did notice I can hear the front pads rubbing the rotors at slow speed. I put it on a jack and the tire felt like it was spinning freely, and it would rotate 4 to 5 times before it would stop, but you could hear the pads sorta rubbing. Both caliper are free and pins were lubed. I am thinking they just need a little run time. Whats your thoughts?

Mike

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Changed out both my front brakes today. Cleaned the calipers before I pushed them in. Install went very well. Also bled all the brake lines. Rides and brakes like new.

I did notice I can hear the front pads rubbing the rotors at slow speed. I put it on a jack and the tire felt like it was spinning freely, and it would rotate 4 to 5 times before it would stop, but you could hear the pads sorta rubbing. Both caliper are free and pins were lubed. I am thinking they just need a little run time. Whats your thoughts?

Mike
I am thinking you are correct. Mine have always done that. The fact that the wheel will free-wheel 4-5 revolutions, to me, says it is pretty good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts