GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife and I went down to Zephyhills to pick up our GoldWing from Greg, traveled Monday and picked up the bike Tuesday morning and drove home. 1400 mile round trip but worth every bit of it, we got home at about 10:30 pm.

I brought 6 ratchet straps to tie it down, two at the fork head, two at the seat handles and two at the rear crash bares. We stopped every couple hundred miles to check the straps and to snug them up, on our last stop in Talladega Al I had 1 broken strap that was on the fork head. Tied it at the head and snugged it up and kept on trucken.

Thanks Greg for your hospitality, she sounds so much better even with just 3 valves needing adjusted.
5808367D-ED6E-464D-A2B6-38FE943BB3F5.jpeg
10EB80A5-B69A-4A6D-8734-29C78FAAED52.jpeg

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me too, if there is a next time I’ll put the 1000lb straps over the fork head instead of the 500lb straps. All 1000lb or higher rating next time. I had the 4 1000lb at the seat handle and my rear crash bar.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Me too, if there is a next time I’ll put the 1000lb straps over the fork head instead of the 500lb straps. All 1000lb or higher rating next time. I had the 4 1000lb at the seat handle and my rear crash bar.
How easy is that uhaul trailer to tow? I am looking for a used bike and if I find one a long way away, and since I have not ridden in a few years, I may want to trailer it home. That way I could do parking lot training and maybe a MSF course or two before jumping right in.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How easy is that uhaul trailer to tow? I am looking for a used bike and if I find one a long way away, and since I have not ridden in a few years, I may want to trailer it home. That way I could do parking lot training and maybe a MSF course or two before jumping right in.
super easy and inexpensive to rent, 14 bucks a day. Just make sure you buy good quality straps to hold The bike in place.

Reactions: epcotisbest

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wife and I went down to Zephyhills to pick up our GoldWing from Greg, traveled Monday and picked up the bike Tuesday morning and drove home. 1400 mile round trip but worth every bit of it, we got home at about 10:30 pm.

I brought 6 ratchet straps to tie it down, two at the fork head, two at the seat handles and two at the rear crash bares. We stopped every couple hundred miles to check the straps and to snug them up, on our last stop in Talladega Al I had 1 broken strap that was on the fork head. Tied it at the head and snugged it up and kept on trucken.

Thanks Greg for your hospitality, she sounds so much better even with just 3 valves needing adjusted.
View attachment 381641 View attachment 381642
These work ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts