GL1800Riders Forums banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
GL1800 - 2008
188 Posts
..... With OEM I have to have the little keepers that attach to the wheel. If I install the valve stems I have coming, I'll have to modify the wheel for them to fit correctly, which means a return to OEM stems is impossible because the stud the keepers attach to are what gets modified for the machined stems.
Could the Tee style valve stem just be turned 180 degrees to fill tire on other side of bike (no rim mod required)?
Drill Automotive tire Drilling Machine tool Milling

·
Registered
1,644 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 GL1800
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Update, LIFE IS GOOD! After setting the tire pressure I checked it yesterday morning before a ride and it was spot on. When I checked it, I didn't get a complete air dump which prompted me to check it multiple times trying to make it fail, couldn't make it die. As to modifying the keeper tab, a Dremel with a small sanding drum is all that's needed. Hit the tab in the middle creating a crescent notch for the new stem to sit in or run it across the top and take about 1/16th of an inch off and you're set. I'll get the front done this week as well as the spare rear that I'm mounting a new 704 on.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts